A Thank You to the Friend I Never Saw Coming

9) Thank you for being just as weird as I am and enjoying every minute of it.
62

I was the girl growing up who used to be social and then turned into one of the most shy people out there. I had my go to group in high school like everyone did but once college was in sight I worried it would be difficult to find someone to connect with.

Turns out, I found you within the first month. It wasn't through those activities that the campus held for us incoming students to connect with one another. No, I met you in one of my classes.

Every friendship starts out slow but ours really didn't. Between going to Taco Bell or Chipotle for food after class, all those class papers, those "study/homework" session in the floor lounge, or those nights that we'd crash in each other's room, we clicked instantly.

I never imagined that I'd find a friend like you; someone who could make every single day an adventure even in the smallest of ways. You make me laugh in ways I hadn't in awhile.

This one's to my squeaks.

1) Thank you for making so many small moments have a huge impact on me.

The smallest and most stupid comments that we make daily will forever be etched into my mind as some of the best moments of my life.

2) Thank you for helping me stay on top of things.

I always say that I want to get things done but a majority of the time it's not until you start doing your work or scold me for procrastinating that I'll finally get it started.

3) Thank you for always telling me the truth.

You have listened to every stupid little story or problem that I have and you always tell me when I'm being ridiculous or when I"m right on the nose.

4) Thank you for being such an amazing roommate.

We both have our own horror stories but when we moved in together we evened each other out. Yes, we are both messy but we both know when to clean. Even though you don't pay attention to shows or movies, I enjoy having you to talk to about them anyway. I am happy to be able to say my best friend is my roommate.

5) Thank you for thinking of me.

Even if it's as small as picking up a coffee for me when I never asked, it's nice to know that you think of me for the little things.

6) Thank you for knowing when something is wrong with me.

Even if it's something small, you sense it before I do and always find a way to cheer me up or take my mind off of it.

7) Thank you for supporting my decisions.

Through all the tears and anger and confusion, you stood by me and helped me work out the choice to transfer to chase my dream. Even though I am going to be leaving you, you still helped me make the decision for myself.

8) Thank you for facing problems with me.

As you said, it takes two to screw things up and there are three of us. No matter the problem, I always know I can look over and see you there ready to fight it with me.

Being able to make stupid comments, sing at the top of our lungs, whip my head to make me look like a giraffe, or even quoting every movie or show, you don't hesitate to love it just as much as me.

10) Thank you for forgiving me and being patient when we argue.

Even though it doesn't happen often, we do have those moments where we are at each other's throats but we'll always be able to laugh it off later by showing each other a duck meme.

11) Thank you for all the times we ordered in, the parties, cab rides, and heart to hearts.

You've been by my side through the embarrassing times and we helped each other through the awkward ones. I wouldn't want to share my random life conversations and epiphanies with anyone else.

12) Thank you for dealing with me when I'm grumpy.

I know I'm not the most enjoyable person when I'm tired or hungry or even just having a tough day in general but you always agree to watch what I want, play with my hair, or cuddle with me when I ask.

13) Thank you for liking and disliking the same things as me.

Not sure what I would do if we weren't the same person. It's nice having you to share all my food and television with.

14) Thank you for letting our friendship have a solid foundation over movies, comedy stand ups, and television shows.

"Your brain has a thick candy shell." "Well... your brain has the... shell on it." "Are you talking?"

"The meal isn't over when I'm full. The meal is over when I hate myself."

McGarret and McDavid are the same person, really.

15) Thanks for letting me know that you still love me even when I push your buttons.

No explanation needed.

16) Thank you for putting up with my needy times.

Whether we're both complaining about needing to be fed or just needing attention, you give it to me anyways.

17) Thank you for dealing with my sarcasm and dishing it right back.

Honestly not sure we would be friends if one of us was a sensitive person.

18) Thank you for taking weird pictures with me.

You're always willing to take a picture with me or allow me to capture ridiculous videos of you. Not sure what I would do without that type of entertainment on hand.

19) Thank you for being terrible at replying.

This may seem like an oddball but your spaced out replies allow me to text you multiple times in a row and send you ridiculous bitmoji's until I get your attention.

20) Thank you for letting me tag you in endless posts on Facebook.

What would I do without you enjoying every single thing I tag you? Although I do feel offended when you don't inform me you've looked at it.

21) Thank you for being you.

I honestly cannot thank you enough for everything that you have done for me in such a short period of time. You are one of the best people and most important people to me.

You're definitely someone that I hope stays in my life. I look forward to knowing that most of the plans we make for the future will actually happen (I saw most because life happens). I'm going to miss you like crazy come the end of the school year but I plan on making many visits and thanks to FaceTime you'll never miss my face. I love you, Squeaks and I look forward to being able to thank you for the same things years from now but including the 21+ version.