To The Coworkers That Made My Summer Job Feel Like Fun, Not A Chore

I'm gonna be honest, I was dreading having to go to a job every single day of the summer. I cringed at the idea of waking up early and spending my whole summer inside while all my friends were at the beach or, ya know, sleeping. In the beginning, I wanted this job because I needed it, I needed the money to pay for school. But after I got there, it felt a lot less like something I had to do and a lot more like something I wanted to do, and that is because of you.

You all made working a "grown-up" job way more fun than I was expecting.

What I was expecting, and what I actually experienced were completely different and I'm thankful for it. You all made it so easy to become a part of your office and believe it or not, I started to look forward to work every day. Even though the work I was doing with you has nothing to do with my major or my future career goals, you all made it super easy for me to start loving what I was doing.

Thank you so much for that. It could've ended up feeling like a much longer summer than it actually was if you hadn't. I might've been stuck inside all summer, but you all made sure every day was a new adventure for me. I got to experience things I never would've gotten the chance to experience had I not gotten the opportunity to work with you. I was expecting to sit at a desk and log information into the computer or something for eight hours a day, 5 days a week.

Instead, you guys let me mess around with ink and perform tests and make a giant mess every day and I can't say I'm unhappy with that. It wasn't enough to convince me to switch my major to chemistry but it was enough to make me want to come back next summer.

Thank you for bringing in snacks all the time, even though I was supposed to be on a diet.

Y'all are the reason I didn't lose any weight this summer just to let ya know. I was set on eating healthy while I was home and instead, I ate every delicious thing you all brought in and most of it wasn't healthy. Don't get me wrong, the cheesecake, and the taco dip and the doughnuts were all extremely yummy but that doesn't mean I should've eaten them.

I'm happy that I found some unexpected friendships in all of you.

I wasn't expecting to be able to get so close with anybody in just three short months but this summer was just full of all kinds of surprised, wasn't it? Thank you for taking me under your wing(s) and showing me the ropes.

Thank you for giving me some people to talk to every day and giving me the opportunity to create lasting friendships with people I would've never guessed I could relate to. Becoming friends with you guys have opened my eyes to so many things I never would've known about without meeting all of you. Thank you so much for looking out for me. You guys are such an amazing group of people.

You're kind, and you're special and you actually care. That's something that is typically pretty hard to find in the world we live in, and I'm lucky to have met each of you.

Thank you for a really great summer guys!

You all really are the best. You had incredible amounts of patience with me and you taught me things I would've never learned if I hadn't had the opportunity to spend my summer with you. I'm so thankful to have met you all. So, thank you for only sort of making fun of me for the amount of ink that ended up on my lab coat (and my shoes).

Thank you for laughing with me and helping me clean up every time I made a gigantic mess instead of yelling at me because I wouldn't have blamed you if you did. Thank you for only letting me walk around for a little while before telling me I had ink on my face. Thank you for giving me gold stars on my superstar chart.

And lastly, thank you for making my summer impossible to forget. It was an incredible break, and because of you guys, I'm only a little sad I don't have the cool summer tan that everybody else does.