A Thank-You Letter to My Roommate

A Thank-You Letter to My Roommate

To the lady who puts up with me nearly every day

12
Rosalind Keeley

To the roommate/sister who is the best God-send ever,

I just wanted to say that you are probably one of the coolest people I know. From the first day of our writing/English class, second semester of freshman year, I knew you were going to be my friend.

Thank you for being my roommate this year.

Thank you for supplying the chips and salsa for the beginning of the year and letting me eat your food.

Thank you for putting up with my field hockey gear and my unkempt side of the room. And also the smelly sports laundry and shoes lying on the floor. Thank you for sometimes getting me up in the morning for the 8am's that I just don't want to get up for. Speaking of which, thank you for putting up with my multiple alarms throughout the morning... I am a very deep sleeper. If I had a title, my superhero name would most likely be the Deep Sleeper.

Thank you for making me laugh, giving me things to write down in our late-night conversation notebook, cracking up at my non-humor humor and being a wonderful, beautiful person.

Thank you for letting me be a third wheel when you want to have lunch/dinner with your boyfriend (even though it's really fun hanging out with you guys!)

Thank you for listening to me complain about classes, life, clothes, outfits, practice and my lunch which I was unhappy with.

Thank you for those late night conversations that keep me awake and energized to actually do homework. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better student and not procrastinate (I still do, but, thanks to you, not as frequently).

Thank you for being a fellow Christian and having deep theological conversations with me; sometimes the topics can't be answered, but, hey! We try to come up with an answer anyways!

Thank you for taking me to church and encouraging me to be the best person I can be in Jesus Christ.

Thank you for taking me shopping and spending money with me. Yes, I do spend money carelessly sometimes, but, it's fun to show each other the food we buy for the week or the ridiculous purchases we made online (including a Lego set and leggings...).

You have the best smile and the greatest sense of humor out of all of the people I know, and you never fail to make me laugh when I come into Evans after a long day of classes. Thank you for just being there, even if we don't talk and we are working, thank you for your presence.

Thank you for friending me on Snapchat so I can send you embarrassing selfies/videos of myself.

Thank you for making coffee that makes our room smell better than any air freshener could.

Thank you for being you and being like a sister.

Even though I'm weird sometimes, thanks for hanging out and being a friend when I really need someone.

You, ma'am, are a fabulous homo sapien whom God has placed on this earth to do great things.

You have a fierce style, a crazy personality and a exquisite soul, I can't wait to spend another semester with you!

Thank you for being my roommate!