A Thank You Letter To My Ex

A Thank You Letter To My Ex

I truly do want to thank you - because I am now with a guy who makes me so incredibly happy

49
A Thank You Letter To My Ex
Rigamonti travel

Never in a million years would I ever think I would be thanking you. But, here I am. I still remember sitting on my floor, crying, thinking that there is no way I will ever feel whole again. I remember thinking that I am unloveable, and that I will never feel what we had again. Now, two years later, I am the happiest I have ever been. And thanking God, and you, that I am no longer in that toxic, unhealthy relationship and am finally free.

I know that you and your girl broke up, because I got friend requests on all social media. But, you are no longer a part of my life, and I am sorry that you are just now realizing your mistake. Incase you are wondering how I am doing - I am doing well, and I have never been happier, thanks to you.

First of all, thank you for the year that we spent together. Our relationship was not all bad. I actually had a lot of fun with you. We used to spend all of our free time together and I cannot think of a time we weren't laughing. I started noticing that we fought non stop, about literally anything. You never wanted to hang out anymore - and you could no longer even return my phone calls. That's when I knew something was up, but I never would have imagined that there was another girl. Yet, somehow you manupilated me to believe that it was my fault that you cheated. I used to be so easy to boss around, thanks to you though, I no longer am that easy to push around.

Thank you, for showing your true colors before it was too late. We had talked about our future so much that I had everything planned out down to the color of our walls. I guess "forever" doesn't really mean forever to you. But that's okay, because if you hadn't acted like the person you really are, I am not sure if I would have ever left. And leaving you was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Thank you for making me realize that when someone says "I love you", they do not always mean it. Because a person who cheats on you does not love you. I no longer put up with lying and sneaking around. When I sense some non sense going on, I call them out. I am done tip toeing around people to protect them. I do what is best for me now, so thank you.

Thank you for showing me exactly what I do not want in a relationship. Relationships are not meant to be one sided. Being in a relationship is not about crying every night wondering where your significant other is and who they are with. And, I am definitely not into polygamist relationships - but if that's your thing, you do you, boo, just not with me. I feel like girls put up with so much nonsense for their boyfriends because they love him. But, thanks to you, I learned that if someone is acting like they don't care about you - they don't. And, that's okay, because someone else will.

Thank you for breaking us up, so that I was able to find someone who genuinely cares about me. I am finally in a relationship where I am treated the way I deserve to be treated. The twisted thing about that is that in the beginning I didn't even know how to react. I thought it was too clingy to receive a message every morning. I thought it was weird to want to hold hands anywhere we went. But, now I realize nothing is clingy or weird about that. I didn't know how to react because I have never had anything like this. So thank you, for giving me the chance to have something real with someone else.

My intent is not to bash you, we had a great run. And if it weren't for you I do not think I would be who I am today. I truly do want to thank you - because I am now with a guy who makes me so incredibly happy and I hope you find someone who makes you just as happy.

Xoxo