Have you ever woken up in the morning on the day you have work and the first thing you think is, “I have work today. UGH!” and want to crawl up into a ball and live under your bed for the rest of your life? Of course you have! (Well, I know I have!) No young adult wants to be stuck in an office or a restaurant all day dealing with people when they could be home with their families or out with their friends. But do you know what always makes work better? Awesome coworkers. I currently have two jobs, so I’ve had my experience with a lot of them. You have ones that come in and out of the work place, and ones that stay, and stick by your side when you need a laugh or a hug. This is a "thank you" for those coworkers.
1. Thank you for making me smile.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F06%2F636060498418966866-1747820621_giphy%2520%281%29.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=257&h=6d10d59ad66abcb4d160251d7e2b96f0c53519d866ed3b14fb4e4d13bc4ddf10&size=980x&c=241298834 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F08%252F06%252F636060498418966866-1747820621_giphy%252520%25281%2529.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D257%26h%3D6d10d59ad66abcb4d160251d7e2b96f0c53519d866ed3b14fb4e4d13bc4ddf10%26size%3D980x%26c%3D241298834%22%7D" expand=1]
There are times when work can get tough. You burn a slice of pizza in the oven, or you have a kid decide that they are going to throw a complete fit when you tell them that you are not going to play kickball today. We all have these moments and it’s always nice to know that all I have to do is look at someone and see a funny facial expression, or some weird made up dance, and I know that a smile will come across my face.
2. Thank you for having my back.
There is always going to be a time when I screw up, and sometimes it’s minor things, like spilling a glass of soda all over the counter, or major things like letting a kid get lost when we’re on a field trip. I always know that if any situation happens and I need someone to help me out, someone will be there for me to help clean up the mess, or the tears.
3. Thank you for letting me vent.
Working can be very stressful at times; it always seems like when you feel like nothing else could go wrong, something does go wrong. There are times when I want to blow a gasket, and blow up in the flames, but you can’t do that when there are customers, or children around. Having someone that will let me say all I want without judging or holding it against me, is something that always helps.
4. Thank you for accepting me as I am.
I’ve always been on the reserved side. It takes a while for me to open up to people but once I do, you realize that the quiet girl in the back of the room is actually a pretty talkative, hyper, happy, and completely crazy person (with a sick and sarcastic sense of humor.) I think I’ve been on the quieter side because I’m concerned about what people will think of me when that side does come out. I don’t have to worry about that with you guys. I love when I hang out with you guys I know that I can completely be myself and not worry about if you guys are judging me.
5. Thank you for being my friends.
When I first starting working, I honestly never thought that I would be making friends that I have now. You all took me in and made me feel like I belong with you. I know it’s sounds corny, but I have a feeling that we are going to be friends forever (or a really long time, but forever sounded better to me). I know when we all go our separate ways in the next few months that it is going to be difficult (expect tears, and long hugs) but I know that when I look back on my teen and college years I am going to have a lot of memories that are filled with nothing but happiness and laughter, and I have you all to thank for that.
6. Thank you for being a family for me.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F06%2F636060499151492709-1604068051_636060496221465000-1216080859_giphy.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=882&h=5e170caa8783c1f5c4e3facc9d542fdac58af60d7ba90d382b447b5a9bf9e224&size=980x&c=668244194 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F08%252F06%252F636060499151492709-1604068051_636060496221465000-1216080859_giphy.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D882%26h%3D5e170caa8783c1f5c4e3facc9d542fdac58af60d7ba90d382b447b5a9bf9e224%26size%3D980x%26c%3D668244194%22%7D" expand=1]
When I look back on the coworkers that have come and gone in my life, and the ones that have stayed, I’ve realized that all together we are all this one huge, crazy family. We all have our quirks, and our habits and we can drive each other crazy at times, but we all know that if we weren’t the people that we are, then we probably wouldn’t all get along like we do. I’m so grateful to have people in my life that always make me feel like I belong. You guys truly are my best friends and I don’t know what I’d do without any of you. Please know that if you ever need someone I will always be someone to lean on. Even if we no longer work together you are and always will be considered family to me ( whether you like it or not.)
Thank you guys for all the laughter, and unforgettable moments over the past few years.
Love you all,