To My Coworkers, Thank You For Making Work Something To Look Forward To

9-hour shifts seem so much better with you by my side!

369
YouTube

Coworkers can be a lot of things. They can be someone you only text or call when you need a shift covered. They can be someone that you only talk to when you work a shift together. They could also be some of the best friends you'll ever have.

I work at a retail store in a small college town. All of the employees are fellow college students. We're all around the same. We have all different majors and interests. We aren't from the same hometowns. We didn't grow up together. We've known each other less than a year.

But I can honestly say that my coworkers are some of the best friends I've ever had.

So for that, I just want to say thank you.

Thank you to my coworkers for making 9-hour shifts bearable. Thank you for making me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts. Thank you for making up games to make the day go by faster. Thanks for making Snapchat and group messages worth looking at. Thank you for always encouraging me to be the best possible version of myself by telling me to try eating better or to help me workout more.

Thank you for the "office" Christmas party and birthday parties and national championship watching parties. Thank you for making working retail during the holidays not the worst thing imaginable. I mean it was terrible but my coworkers made it bearable.

Thank you for taking my shifts when I have to go home unexpectedly or just really don't want to work a Sunday. Thank you for understanding when I have a huge test that next day and helping me study when we're slow.Thank you for being a phone call away no matter what whether I need a ride to work because my car wouldn't start or because I just want to talk.

Thank you for never ever being boring. Even if we don't see a customer for two hours, I can't ever say I'm bored. Thank you for making a job seem like hanging out instead. I'm lucky to say that sometimes it feels like I get paid to hang out with my friends. So thank you for being great friends that make coming to work fun.

I never imagined when I applied for this job that it would lead to me meeting these people and becoming so close to them but I am eternally grateful for all this job has given me. The paycheck is the reason I needed to get a job but my coworkers are definitely the reason I stay at my job. I love my job and my coworkers are the reason why so thank you to my coworkers for being the best a girl could ask for.