A Thank You To My Best Friend I Met In College

How did I ever do life without you?

107
Lexy Rahim

It has been a wild ride with you and I. Even through the highs and lows, spending every day with you this past year is something I wouldn't change for anything. We have done some really, really stupid things and had the most fun doing it all. You have by far exceeded any expectations of the type of friend I thought I would meet when I stepped on campus. From the more serious things to the silly things, there are a hundred things that I could thank you for.

It is no question that we each had bad days. Some days worse than others, but I will always be so grateful for how you handled me at my worst. Thank you for wiping my tears when I couldn’t get myself under control. Thank you for bringing me my favorite snacks in bed and not getting mad when I didn't share a whole bag of Doritos. Thank you for always being that person I knew would be there for me when I just needed a hug and for someone to tell me everything would be OK.

The worst nights were the nights that we had to go out without each other. As much fun as I did have some nights, I always found my way back to your bed at the end of the night. Thank you for interrupting your studies to pick me up from a party so that I could come back early and not have to walk back alone. Thank you for always letting me sleep in your bed while you were in class, after a long day or night and not getting mad when I took up the whole bed.

Thank you for never letting me eat alone. No matter who texted who first, you were always down to stuff your face with me or at least watch me. There is nobody that I would rather share my love for acai bowls, salad, and bagels with than you.

I have no doubt in my mind that sometimes people look at us and just raise their eyebrows because we are acting so silly. Thank you for never making me look like an idiot alone.

Honesty is a must in all friendships and you sure were not afraid to tell me what I needed to hear. Thank you for always giving me an honest opinion. I am sure I probably would have worn a few ugly outfits, said some stupid things and made a couple bad decisions if it weren't for you.

Thank you for dropping it low on the dance floor with me. Even when there was nobody around or the atmosphere was a little dead, I could always count on a good night if I had you by my side.

Thank you for fueling my terrible shopping addiction by always being down for a ride to the mall or a shopping center, or even laying in bed and looking at stuff we both knew we did not need.

Most importantly, thank you for being you. Thank you for never getting sick of the triple texts, multiple phone calls, or the obnoxious stories I have to tell. I know I am a handful and a half, but you balance me out perfectly. You look out for me like no other and I am so beyond thankful for everything you do for me. I could not imagine this crazy journey without you.