A Thank You To My Family

A Thank You To My Family

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there." -Barbara Bush

15
A Thank You To My Family
Author

Family is definitely one of the most important things in your life, if not the most important thing. Regardless of whether your family consists of just your mother or father and a sibling or two, or if you have aunts, uncles, grandparents, and maybe even great-grandparents. Size doesn't matter. You could have one side of your parents' family who is consistently in your life, or maybe even both sides. Luckily, both sides are very close when it comes to being family, let alone both of my family's sides are close as well. My family has been there for me through thick and thin, and I can't let that go unnoticed. Here is my thank you to you all.

Thank you Dad. Not only have you served 18 years in the military for this country, but you still managed to keep in contact with mom, Mackenzie, and I while doing so. Thank you for doing everything you absolutely can to keep me on the right path, and for always supporting me through every decision I've made. From teaching me about the stock market and how to keep valuable items like rare baseball cards, to letting me jam out to the "wheelchair song" in our old white truck, thank you.

Thank you Mom. I'm truly blessed to have you as a mother. While dad was deployed, you always managed to find a way to fit together work, fun time with us, and household chores. There was always and still always is a meal on the table for us every single day, regardless of how busy you were. You have taught me how to be strong, independent, kind-hearted, and loving. Thank you.

Thank you Meemaw Deedee. From my pointless rants to conversations about politics, I never once had a doubt in my mind that you weren't a shoulder to lean on. You are an inspiration to me, and I aspire to be at least half of the woman you are. You have taught me strength in so many different ways. So much has been thrown at you throughout your lifetime and I'm so grateful that you've kept your head up through all of it. You're one of the best grandmothers I could ever ask for, let alone anyone could ever ask for. Thank you for everything you've done to help me.

Thank you Meemaw Jeri. It's been 1340 days since you've left us, and it's been a battle. Lately it's been worse, but I'm keeping my head up. Thank you for being the best hugger I've ever met. And also, thank you for all of the lollipops. I miss you so extremely much but I'm just glad that you're in heaven having fun. I wish I could've spent more time with you than I did, but I'm grateful for the time I received. Thank you for all of the compliments, love, hugs, and advice you gave me while you could. Thank you for everything. I miss you.

Thank you Aunt Angie, Aunt Becci, and Uncle Joey. You've seen me at my worst and my best. You guys are the best aunts/uncle I could ever possibly ask for and I cannot thank you enough for everything you guys have done to help me shape into the woman I'm becoming today. Thank you Aunt Angie, for all the awesome hand-me-downs, thank you Aunt Becci for the extra 10 dollar donation for soccer (sorry!), and thank you Uncle Joey for always reminding me that I can lean on you for support, and for giving me realistic and positive advice, especially when I needed it most.

Thank you Aunt Sherri and Uncle Jeremy. You both are currently serving this country for us right now and I thank you for that. It's hard to meet up, especially when we were in New Jersey and Virginia and unable to come see you guys when you were visiting. When we all do see each other, it's a blast. I can't wait to see you both (and Zoe) again, because I know more memories are bound to form. Whether they're from tent sleepovers or dinner. Thank you guys for everything. You both have shown me what love, support, and strength are.

Lastly, thank you Shane, Maddy, Mackenzie, and Zoe. There's never a doubt in my mind that whenever I'm with you guys that I won't be smiling. You're the best cousins I could ask for. Thank you Shane for all the advice you've given me to use while in high school, thank you Maddy for all the hugs, licks, and kisses you've given me, thank you Mackenzie for being the biggest pain in the butt I could ever have (I still love you anyways), and thank you Zoe, for putting Mackenzie in her place when she's acting out, and for making me smile with your cuteness. Thank you all for everything.

Regardless if you personally know anyone I've thanked or not, I hope you can still relate. Family is such an amazing thing and is not something to be taken for granted. Everyone's time is limited here on Earth, so thank your family and tell them you love them whenever you have the chance to.