When Society Brings You Down For Not Being Flawlessly Perfect
Self Love

Dear Society, BIG Thank You For Making Me Feel Guilty For Not Being 10/10 Perfect At Everything

Other have too much control over how we feel about ourselves.

49

In today's world, we are pressured to be more than perfect in everything we do. If we don't look a certain way or talk a certain way, society tells us we are wrong and that we should feel like crap about ourselves.

This is why we have young individuals with self-esteem issues and depression issues — and those are just two consequences. Society has made us attempt to mentally fit into a picture that 99 percent of the population cannot fit into.

There is not one person who is absolutely flawless.

Why is there such an unreal expectation to be perfect? When a person cannot fulfill an expectation for an extended period of time, their brain starts to operate in a different way. It starts to tell the person,"See, you failed again."

After your brain starts to tell you these things, you begin to believe them.

That type of brain behavior can damage a person's way of thinking. Why? The moment they think they are successful, they reach out into the world. When the world does not give that person the response they were expecting, they start to have guilt for not meeting expectations.

Society is the cause of many cases of depression, anxiety and delusional thinking.

If we are told for long periods of time that we are not meeting expectations, we start to behave in ways that protect ourselves from the negative.

No, we do not know we are just coping. No, we do not know that it is unhealthy.

The majority of the time it goes ignored by everyone around us. Untreated behaviors that are damaging can result in a life of turmoil. You eventually understand that your way of thinking is wrong, but you cannot stop your brain's reactions overnight.

This is where you see a string of "bad luck." And then the guilt sets in again: "Why am I so dumb? I knew I shouldn't do that."

Society needs to stop passing judgment on everyone. Not one person is perfect in this world.

Who are we to judge each other? Worry about yourself, and the world will be better off.