thank you to my older brother

To My Older Brother, Thank You For Being You

A little something for the guy who inevitably turned into my best friend.

448

To the guy who used to practice WWE moves on me in the living room,

Thank you.

Thank you for gracefully accepting the fact that you had to deal with a little sister when I showed up in your life almost nine-teen-years ago. Thank you for being such a mean older brother when we were kids. Thank you for being hard on me when I needed it. Thank you for being there for me when it felt like no one else was. Thank you for supporting me in everything I do. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for being my best friend.

But most of all, thank you, quite frankly, for being you.

When we were kids, I would sneak into your room and play with your racing trophies when you weren't home because I wanted to be as cool as you. I'd go into your room quietly, shut the door behind me, put on your helmet, and hold up one of the many first place trophies and pretend I was half as awesome as you were.

There was no one else in the world I wanted to be like (except maybe a Disney princess, but that's beside the point). I'll always remember how annoyed you would get when I would sneak into your room. You even tried to start locking your door when you would leave, but I'd get in any way.

I remember playing "popcorn" with you on the trampoline. You jumping as violently as you could while I attempted to hold myself as tight as I could. However, you always managed to get me to "pop" in the end. Between the trophies, you always winning at Popcorn, and everything else in between, I knew I would always have someone to look up to.

I'll never forget the day Mom and I were in that car wreck. You just so happened to drive by, not knowing what you were driving past. You leaped out of your truck and came running towards us faster than a bolt of lightning. You stopped and made sure mom was okay, and then you ran over to me, picked me up, and hugged me tighter than you ever had before.

It was in that moment, that I knew you would turn out to be the best friend I would ever have.

You have always protected me, and as I got older, it was my turn to do the same for you.

We've been through so much over the last few years. There have been good times and, sadly, bad times. But what I've come to realize most through it all is that you and I have gotten closer each and every day. Between our Thursday night trips to Applebee's, making funny videos that are too stupid for our own good, sending each other memes that only we laugh at, and just our everyday conversations, somewhere along the way, you became my best friend.

It is now November of 2018. I'm in college, you're working, and we don't see each other as often as we used to. But that hasn't stopped us. You're still my best friend. You always will be. You're still the best brother a girl could ever wish for. I've been blessed to be your sister. There's no one else in the world I would want to call my brother. You're my rock, my best friend, and my brother all in one. Thank you for always protecting me, keeping me in check, and never leaving my side.

I love you forever, Chester.

With love,

Your annoying little sister.