Thank You Mom

Thank You Mom

Thank You For Everything You Have Done And Everything You Will Do.

9
Thank You Mom
Photo Courtesy of Author

To My Remarkable Mom,

I have no clue how to even begin to explain my love and appreciation for you, mom. You do so much for me and although I don’t always say it, I want to thank you for everything. I’m so grateful for all the memories we’ve created and for your unconditional love that fuels my fire. Growing up, I would never have thought that we would become this close; and now that we are, all I want to do with my life is make you proud.

I definitely take for granted the fact that I have a mother who actually worries about my safety, because I would much rather have a mom who cares about what I do and if I’m safe. I have even grown to love our good morning and good night texts; I know, hard to believe. I enjoy being able to talk to you every day, even if it’s just two texts.

The very first memory I have in life is of when I went down the slide in our backyard and sat on a bee. Obviously, it stung me and I cried hysterically; but before I could run inside to ask you for help, you were there. I remember you siting on the ground next to me and whispering “It’s going to be okay honey.” Now, when I think back to the moments when I felt alone, scared, or hurt, you were the person I could count on most to be there for me. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you for never letting me down.

Dad might disagree when I say this, but I feel like all our arguments and disagreements have led us to the relationship we have now. Without this struggle, I never would have had to go to CJ for an unbiased opinion on the situation and never truly understood why you would say the things you did.

The list of reasons why I feel so lucky to have a mom like you is never-ending. I love that you do my laundry when I go home. I love that you try to cook dinner for us (when dad is busy, of course. I love that you make sure to stay up to date with what’s going on in my life. I love that you help me with my paperwork for school. I love that you are always ready to give me tips about how to feel better when I’m sick or upset. I love the memorable vacations you plan for us. I love that I can always count on you for anything; whether it’s keeping track of something so I don’t lose it or driving down to Utica for a single night, just because I’m feeling homesick. I love that you always answer the phone when I call. I love that you always take pride in my accomplishments when talking to family or friends. I even love the fact that you brought squeeze cheese with us on vacation so we could feed the fish while snorkeling; who cares that they literally attacked us for more. I just love you with every last bit of my heart, mom. I would not know how to live without you.

Most importantly, you always support me in everything I do. You are the only person in my life who has never let me down, not even for a second. You are my lifelong best friend who will never leave my side. No matter how much I try to get rid of you, you always find your way back to me; but I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Love, Your Grateful Daughter