A Thank You To My Memaw & Pops

A Thank You To My Memaw & Pops

Thank you for loving me unconditionally, being so support of every decision I make in my life, and for always being my heroes.

16
A Thank You To My Memaw & Pops

A letter to my Memaw & Pops

Thank you.

Thank you for always loving me, supporting me in everything I do in life, for Sunday dinners, for teaching me how to pick figs on a Sunday afternoon, for how to pick to dress appropriately and pick the best deal at Dillards. Everyone has a different relationship with their grandparents. I was blessed enough to grow up with my Memaw and Pops being very involved in my life.

Since I was a little girl, I can remember spending every Sunday afternoon at my grandparent’s house, with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. My cousins and I played outside until it was time for dinner, and we all bowed our heads to pray together. Having grandparents who taught us how important it was to grow up with family and to practice our beliefs. Thank you for be stilling your values in me at such a young age.

As a young adult, my grandparents still make an effort to be in my life. If I miss a Sunday dinner, my Memaw makes a point to call or text me that night just to check on me. Any time I’ve ever had any medical issues, Memaw and Pops are the first ones to check on me and bring me flowers in the hospital. I sometimes spends afternoons with Memaw having lunch and shopping until we’re tired. My Memaw has thought me how to fashionable, practical, and that a great pair of shoes that match, can make any outfit. She has taught me how to be a lady but to not be afraid to be myself. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, being so support of every decision I make in my life, and for always being my heroes. I love y’all.