Thank You Logic

Thank You Logic

Suicide is 100% preventable and it starts with not only me but you too.

205
Thank You Logic
YouTube

I don't think any other time would be more suitable for me to write this article. Since it is Suicide Awareness Month, September 2017, I am hoping this message hits a home run for anyone who is about to read this.

But you gotta live right now, you got everything to give right now.

I was in the car with a good friend of mine when I was listening to your song on the radio. Being funny (at least from what I thought), I was going to type in the song title into my phone pad and give the number a call. After all, the song was a number so I figured why not. Little did I know that my friend who was in the car actually knew what the number was for and I didn't.

I dialed the number, 1-800-273-8255. The number was in my contacts and my heart dropped. It was the suicide hotline number. Now, I know what you're probably thinking, "Why does this girl have the suicide hotline number as one of her contacts?" The reason I do is that when I had been hospitalized for mental health they told me to make it one of my contacts so I have someone all the time no matter what.

Still in shock at the fact that this song was based on the suicide hotline number, I continued to listen to the song but this time as I sobbed.

Thank you, Logic.

Logic, it means so much to someone who has struggled before that someone finally wrote a song about the struggles so many are scared to mention out loud. Your choice of lyrics are amazing and get right down to the soul. All the lyrics are accurate representations of how I have felt one way or another in my lifetime.

Logic's beautiful words put together create an amazing story about why you deserve to live.

People are so against talking about what needs to be talked about. Logic, I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for the amazing piece you wrote. You have not only changed my life, but I am assuming thousands and thousands of others. Especially those who are too scared to reach out for someone.

If you haven't heard Logic's "1-800-273-8255" the link is posted below and I highly recommend you listen to it. My life is changed because of this. Thank you.

Help become aware of the signs of depression, anxiety, and many other mental illnesses that can lead to suicide. Suicide is 100% preventable and it starts with not only me, but you too.