A Thank You Letter To My Stepmom

A Thank You Letter To My Stepmom

You're amazing, don't forget it!

12031
A Thank You Letter To My Stepmom
Photo Editor

I want to start this off by saying I am truly blessed. I have been given an amazing mother and step mother. I have two best friends that I can count on. I have to amazing women to look up to as role models.

Although I thought you would be like Cinderella's evil step-mother when my dad asked for your hand in marriage, you are far from that. You have proven to me that you are the complete opposite.

You have been there for me when no one else has, you have been a constant friend and shoulder to lean on. Thank you for always being a parental figure, but never acting like you are my actual mother. You have never acted like that, and I am very fortunate to have a step-mother like that. I have always noticed that about you, and I respect it a lot.

But there has never been a day where you don't treat me like a daughter. You have always referred to me as your daughter, never step. You have always made it a point to make me feel welcomed at family events, although your family is amazing and does that anyway. But most importantly, you've always been there to give me comfort and advice in times of need. I have never been let down by you, and I think that is a truly amazing thing to be able to say.

Thank you for being so fun and quirky, and constantly being the life of the party. You have taught me to always be myself. To always love myself no matter what, because that's all that matters. I love learning your crazy dance moves and sharing a love for laughing and cracking jokes at dad.

Most importantly, thank you for being a role model from the day I met you. You have been able to uphold such an amazing character over the years. You have never shown frustration, or signs of being let down. Yet you will always show your gratitude for everyone in the family and all that they do. It's amazing to have such a fabulous mentor throughout the years.

I will always love you for being so funny and outgoing. My friends love you for being so "cool." I think so many of my friends like you (and dad) because there is never a dull moment. You never let a day go by without jokes, without laughter. Some might like you because you are beautiful, but many because you have an astounding personality.

I am so beyond appreciative for all that you do, and all that you stand for. I'm glad I am able to have such an amazing step mother, as well as role model in my life.

I hope I am able to be half the woman you are some day. You an amazing woman, inside and out- never for get that.

I love you. Thank you.