A Thank-You Letter To My Second Mom

A Thank-You Letter To My Second Mom

I wish I could tell my 12-year-old self to appreciate you like I do now.
2240

First of all, I just want to say "thank you." Thank you for your support, your endless love, and your huge heart. You are a person who has impacted my life so much, and I wish everyone had a kind heart like you.

You were always there for me when Mom number one couldn't be — from all the countless memories, carpools, family gatherings, all the stuff you involved me in and invited me to, feeling like I was a part of your family, and you letting me drive your car when I got my permit and I almost hit a pedestrian (lol), or the times you took Sarah and I shopping in Omaha.

At the time, I didn't realize how much of an impact you had and have made on my life. I wish I could tell my 12-year-old self to appreciate you like I do now. Thank you for always supporting me and loving me like I was your own.

I know this year has been a tough year for you, and I just wanted to say "thank you." Life hasn't always been easy and perfect. You were a person I could turn to for anything and everything, and I just wanted to say "thank you." When I truly needed a family to turn to — when my family was falling apart, you and your family came in with open arms — you were there for me every step of the way.

I basically lived at your house and cooked dinner with your family every night; at the time, I didn't realize that was what I needed. I feel like I haven't been as present in your life lately, because I'm in school and I've been traveling the world, but I want you to know that I'm always there for you, I support you, and I love you.

You make me so proud to be a part of your life. Your kindness, your passion, your will — it's amazing how you love people the way you do. Thank you again — I will never stop saying it. I miss you and appreciate you and love you. I hope to see you soon.