A Thank You Letter To College

A Thank You Letter To College

It's been a crazy 4 years, but I have learned a bunch along the way.

18
A Thank You Letter To College
Unsplash (Pexels)

Dear College,

You are soon to be my alma mater and my time here is running out, but I have a few days left to finish leaving my mark throughout your campus. These past four years have taught me many lessons, left me with many memories, and gave me many reasons to brag about my college experience. And now it is the time that I finally say these two words, THANK YOU!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to partake in many clubs and organizations. Whether it was Campus Activities Board (CAB), Manhattanville Dance Ensemble (MDE), Catholic Students Association (CSA), Student Ambassadors Association (SAA), or Colleges Against Cancer (CAC), every club and organization I belonged to made my undergraduate experience memorable. I remember participating in my first Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk during Freshman Year with MDE. I remember meeting some of my great people and finding my place in the organization. I remember my first ever Quad Jam with CAB and how, although it was a stressful day, I still had a blast with my friends. There were plenty more memories made throughout these organizations that I treasure so much.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of Residence Life. To be honest, at first, I didn't think I was cut out for it. But now, I can't believe that thought ever crossed my mind. Residence Life made my college career. Residence Life allowed me to grow as a person and find myself. I was able to meet some great people and find my passion for helping people. I tested my creative abilities, faced my fears of confrontation, learned to say "no," and many things in between. I truly believe that if I wasn't a part of Residence Life I wouldn't be who I am today.

Thank you to my baby, Colleges Against Cancer/Relay for Life. Thank you for allowing me to fundraise and bring awareness to a cause that is so near and dear to my heart. Thank you for allowing me to meet one of my closest friends. You have given me some of the greatest memories and allowed me to truly express myself and passions through you. You have taught me some viable skills, such as problem-solving, time management, and conflict resolution.

Thank you to my friends. Whether we once were friends and went our separate ways or are still friends today, you all gave me plenty of laughs and memories. Thank you for keeping me up super late and listening to my endless rants about my stress levels. Thank you for making me smile when all I want to do is cry. And thank you for teaching me how having friends like you is not replaceable. Thank you for all the days we spent on the Quad or in the cafeteria "people watching." Thank you for being the people I consider life-long friends and people I want my kids to one day call "Aunt ___" or "Uncle ___." Thank you for the endless late nights goofing off or the endless times we distract each other from what needs to get done. I love you guys.

Thank you to my advisor. Thank you for the endless nights in the Spellman study rooms doing Differential Equations, Modern Algebra, Advanced Calculus, Complex Variables, and anything else Math related. You are definitely one of the most caring people on this campus, who wants to see every student you have succeed. I wouldn't be receiving my degree if it wasn't for you. Thank you for being my second mother and for always pushing me to do my best.

And finally, thank you to everyone who has helped me grow along the way. Thank you for all your words of advice and wisdom. Thank you for listening to me cry a bunch or for my boisterous laugh/cackle or for my endless rambles. Thank you for all your support. I wouldn't be who I am today without all your endless mentoring.

Sincerely,

A Soon-To-Be Graduate