A Thank You Letter To My Best Friend, My Mom

"You have told me all the things I need to hear before I knew I needed to hear them, to be unafraid of all the things I used to fear before I knew I shouldn't fear them."

4088
Flickr

Mom,

Thank you.

Thank you for everything you have done and will continue to do for me throughout my life. You have been by my side for the good times, and also through the not so good times. Thank you for being there for me since the day that it all began.

From dealing with the deaths of a best friend, to family members, to my favorite dog, you have helped me through it all. Thank you for always making my life brighter on cloudy days. When I'm feeling down, I know that I can always rely on you to help pick me up and throw good vibes my way.

Thank you for dealing with me. I'm not sure how you've done it, but you always manage to put up with me. (I think you raised a pretty great daughter) Thank you for being my biggest fan and most solid support system.

Thank you for driving me all around the city and even to other states so that I could play competitive softball. Thank you for always making an effort to come and support me at home softball games. Thank you for always tossing encouragement my way when I doubted myself.

Thank you for the constant encouragement through college. When I'm having a rough day, I know that you are just a text or phone call away. Thank you for always coming to college football games with me and for always coming to Family Weekend, regardless of what year in school I am.

Thank you for supporting me through my decision of joining Greek life. Thank you for always coming and visiting me at school, and for the delicious home cooked meals when I get to visit you at home.

Thank you for being such an amazing role model. Because of you I strive to do my best at whatever task I am faced with. You have taught me the importance of hard work and because of you, I have seen how beneficial hard work can be. Thank you for always reminding me that everything really does happen for a reason and for never letting me give up.

We have our rough spots every now and then, but we always get through it. Thank you for dealing with our silly arguments and fights with my little brother.

Thank you for all of the awesome vacation that we go on. Thank you for all of the great memories that I have from those vacations.

Thank you for all of the great memories that I have made in my twenty years of living. We have been on countless adventures together, and I have made so many memories with you that I will never let go.

Thank you for dealing with my boy problems and always tossing advice my way when it comes to relationships. Thank you for being encouraging when things finally start going the way I want them to. Thank you for always having the right words to say and always knowing when to say them.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for always telling me what I need to hear, regardless of whether or not I want to listen to you. Thank you for being the best role model in the world.

Although I know this article will not do you justice because you are so great, I hope this gives you a good idea of how much you mean to me.

Thank you for being you.

I love you.