A Thank You Letter To My Father

A Thank You Letter To My Father

You are my right hand man. Forever and always.

7172
A Thank You Letter To My Father

Dad, you're the man who has always been there in my life and I feel as if I have not been able to remind you of all that you do for me. So I am writing this to you to remind you of how much you truly mean to me.

Fathers:

Be your daughter's first love. Open doors for her, pull her seat out, & talk to her and treat her with respect... Set expectation on how a man should treat a lady, and she'll never settle for anything less.

Dear Dad,

I want to thank you for being there for me every single day of my life. I truly appreciate what you have done for me. Thank you for making me the person I am and thank you for always believing in me. From teaching me how to walk, run, bike, ski, and everything in between, you have taught me many important lessons.

You were the first man to ever put a fishing pole in my hands or strap a ski helmet on my head, thank you for getting me to adventure into the outdoors, it is my true home. Thank you for being there to teach me how to swim, tube, and water ski. My free time would not be the same without these skills.

Thank you for always answering when I call. Even if you say, "Are you okay? I'm at work, I will call you in a couple minutes." You always call back to answer my question. Furthermore, thank you for always answering my car questions. With the various questions, about the multiple buttons in my car and about everything else I possibly could ask, I'm sure you could easily get annoyed, but you always make sure to answer me.

Thank you for driving me around when I was younger to various friends' houses (even if I went to the same place three days in a row). Now that I am older, thank you for making me text you when I get to my friends' houses. It shows how much you still care and think about me every second of every day.

Thank you for treating me like a lady and raising me to be the woman I have become. You taught me how to be respectful, humble, and caring all at the same time. I know what to look for in a future husband since you have always been such a gentleman to my mother and myself.

But thank you for being a jokester too. You made sure I understood that not everything in life is going to come easy and that I need to have thick skin in this world we live in. You may not always crack the best jokes, but you make sure to put a smile on my face every time I see you.

So to my dad, thank you. Thank you for being the man you are. A teacher, a coach, a comedian, a hard worker, a father, a husband, and a friend. We may not get along 100% of the time, or always be on the same page, but we are family and I am thankful for that.

I will always love you,

Your little girl