7 Things To Thank Your Dad For, That Man Is The Real MVP

Father's Day should really be every day.
644

While he may tell lame jokes occasionally and poke fun at me, I am so lucky to have such an amazing father in my life. Being away at school is hard because I'm not able to see him as often as I once did. He really deserves more than just Father's Day to celebrate all he has done for me. So here are 7 things I would like to thank my dad for!

1. Encouraging me to try my best

No matter how down on myself I was, you were always there to pick me up. You always encouraged me to play sports and to try my best no matter what. Without you, I would have never been so involved and had such a great time doing what I love.

2. Teaching me life lessons

Even though I am almost 100% sure you hated riding with me when I had my permit, you were still there to help me and teach me the rules of the road. Even if that did mean that we got into a couple fights about my driving. You also taught me how to drive a four-wheeler, how to work a computer, how to fish, how to manage my money, how to check my tires, how to fill up my tires, and basically, anything that has to do with cars. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have taught me in life.

3. Giving me tough love

While I was never happy with you when you gave me tough love or punished me, I greatly appreciate it now. You raised me to be a responsible young adult and I would not be the person I am today without your tough love.

4. Having fun with me

From the days when I was younger and you played pretend with me to riding four wheelers together. You always know how to have a good time.

5. Working hard to help me fulfill my dreams

You worked hard to help me pay for my extracurriculars, schooling, sports, my car, the house I grew up in, my extensive wardrobe, my travels, and so much more. Without your help, there are so many things I would not have been able to do.

6. Saying "yes" to the things mom said "no" to

I always knew who to go to when mom said no to me doing something fun. The best part was you usually came along with me for my crazy ideas. From taking the four-wheeling on a frozen lake to zip-lining in our backyard, you have always made my life an adventure.

7. For giving me the world

Thank you for giving up your freedom and making me (and my brother too) your whole world. I know raising a child is not always fun but you have been there for me through everything thing.

I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me. You have been there for me ever since the moment I was born. I would not be where I am today without you. I love you dad!