A Thank You Letter To My Dad

A Thank You Letter To My Dad Whose Love Is Unconditional

I love my mother to death but trust me on this one...I am just like my daddy.

2697
a girl and her dad fathers day
personal photo

Dear Daddio,

Without you, I would not have the common sense to do half the things that I know how to do. I would not know how to change a tire or even check the fluids in my car. But shoot, why do it myself when I can just ask you to do it for me? You may say no, but you come and do it anyways. Thank you for always being there.

I can count on you to help me with anything. Even on your off days, you are not really actually off. I ask you to help me all the time with the craziest projects. You do not even question it, you just help. I love that about you, dad. You always help everyone you can without a question. You are the type of man who would give your last dollar.

I also love how you come up with the craziest things to do. You get into these moods and you just do something crazy and go for it. When it is beautiful outside, we just sit and talk about anything that comes to mind. It is one of my favorite things to do with you. Thank you for always being there.

Momma always says how I am just like you. We always say the craziest things and joke all the time. Not to mention, we both cannot hear worth a crap. Whenever mom is trying to talk to us, she gets mad because we can not hear anything. Our TV's are always at max. volume. It is a real struggle, huh? We both love everything chocolate. You know I always share my dessert with you...even if I do not want to. I know you would do the same for me.

You are the calmest person I know. Even if the most stressful situations, you are so calm, cool, and collected. I wish I was more like you when it comes to that. I always tell you the things I want to do and no matter what, you say the same thing every time. You tell me how proud of me you are and you tell me to do whatever makes me happy. Thank you, daddy, for always being so supportive in all walks of my life.

You are by the far the most hardworking man that I know. Like I said before, even when you are off, you are not really off. You always stay working. Whether it is cleaning around the house or working in your garden, you never sit still. You say that you can not wait to retire, but I do not see you taking off. Thank you for showing me how to be a hard worker and how to provide for my future family. Without you, I would not have half the things I have in my life.

Thank you pops for this life that I live. I would not be where I am without your love and support. Thank you for all the help around the house and all my car troubles. I know that I can tell you anything without any judgment. I am sure whatever I say, you will support me.

I love you to the moon, daddio.