A Much-Needed Thank You To My Friends

A Much-Needed Thank You To My Friends

A letter to all my friends.

9
A Much-Needed Thank You To My Friends
Unsplash

The past few weeks have not been well for me mentally. My eating habits were terrible, and my sleeping schedule was all over the place. I did not like the feeling of being by myself because I hate hearing my own thoughts and silence. I was on the verge of depression, but fortunately, I surrounded myself with people that can handle me, and I just want to say thank you.

Thank you to all of my friends who stuck around when I was being melancholic and sad, and for listening to my rants and stories even when I reiterate them over and over again. Thank you to all of my friends who stood around me when my emotions were all over the place. I always sound like a broken record, but every one of you did not mind at all.

Even if most of you did not know what I was mentally going through, you were great to me. I'm sure you noticed I was being a bit more hyperactive, interactive and intimate. I've noticed these things, too, about my behavior. I guess I was pushing hard to fill this empty feeling I've been having for the past few weeks. You could say I was kind of forcing myself to exert these hyper feelings in order to achieve what I wanted. It worked, however. It made me want to talk to every one of you, and I always looked forward to it.

I was able to find solace in my friends. I was looking for distractions so I could stop thinking negative thoughts, and you were there for me. I am not saying I was using you just so I could feel better, but it made me realize that friends will always make you feel better no matter how badly situations go. Sure, they may not take away all of your pain, but they are here to ease it. Thank you for this solace.

And to those friends who know my situation and can relate, let's hope we could find solace with one another and find ways to make ourselves feel better. We got closer because of our issues without using one another, and we just continued to get closer to the point that we could make a bit of light to our situations.

And to those friends and everyone else who are facing dilemmas and negative situations that are mentally and/or physically affecting you, I wish and hope to every one of you that you will find solace in your friends, family, professors and teachers, and to anything you feel you will enjoy in the future. Life is extremely hard, but you are amazing. You are wonderful. You matter, and you are great. You are powerfully brave, and you can get through this. Things will never get better, but when it comes back, you know what to do. Like I said, you are amazing.

I love you, and thank you.