To All Of My Exes, Thank U, Next

To All Of My Exes: Thank U, Next

I'm so grateful for my ex.

658

We can honestly say that we have all been through a break up to where we do not necessarily like our ex and we learn a lot from that relationship whether it was how to love or even how to handle pain. We all handle breakups differently (some more classy than others) but nothing can be classier than the way Ariana Grande handled all of her breakups. Instead of hating our exes we can learn a few things not only from Ari herself but through her song that she dedicated to her exes.

When I listened to her new song my inner fangirl was screaming especially when she said "Wish I could say Thank You to Malcolm cause he was an angel" because let's be honest; who was not rooting for them (sorry Ari and Pete fans). We have fallen in love before and even been hurt by love but how we handle all of the heartbreaks really show not only the people that broke our heart but the world who we really are. I used to hate being on my own. I used to not like being single because I always felt so lonely. From all of the breakups and pain, I have learned that the only person in a relationship that I know will last forever is me. I am able to handle anything and everything that is thrown my way. But, I would not have learned any of that if it weren't from all of the breakups that I had gone through. So to all of my exes that broke my heart and made me shed a tear or two, I have two words to say to you; thank you.

Thank you for allowing me to fall in love with you. Thank you for allowing me to have so many great memories with you. Thank you for helping me feel emotions that I either have never felt before or for helping me feel those emotions that I have lost. Thank you for teaching me so much about love relationships, and about myself. But most importantly; thank you for helping me realize that I do not need someone to be in my life to grow and with that being said; here's the next chapter in my life.

Here's to focusing on myself as well as loving myself. Here's to working towards a better future and career for myself. But most of all; here's to the future whether it is getting married or being the fun aunt. Whatever it may be I just want to say:

thank u, next