A Thank You Letter To The Greatest Parents I Could Ever Ask For

I don't know what you're living with if you don't have parents like mine, just saying.

197

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who were not blessed with a set of loving, caring, compassionate parents. You will always be missing out on the best gift you could ever receive, so if you have found something to replace loving parents, let me know what you found! I can't imagine what I would do without my Mom & Dad. For me, family is everything. I'll explain why I am especially thankful for them this week!

Last week, my parents were able to come up for the UT Vs. TTU game and we had a blast. I didn't realize how much I needed to see them and when I did see them, a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Even though my health hasn't been quite the best lately (thanks ulcerative colitis), I felt like it was o.k to have pain and to be comforted by my parents- so I embraced it.

So since I embraced my pain, I was pretty much suffering all weekend, but it was perfectly fine and I felt extra safe with my parents so I suffered in peace if you will. Haha! I'm used to having pain so it wasn't a big deal, I was just happy and on edge to see/be around my parents.

They comforted me through my pain with open arms and did everything they could to help. Seeing them care for me at the few times they get to see me while I am in college is beginning to mean more and more to me. It is special. Little things like going to breakfast mean so much for. Being in their presence feels way more secure than it used to, and I'm sure all of you college kids can relate.

My parents are also my best friends, so even though they are caught up with my daily life events (shout out to FaceTime), I still had more to catch them up on. They told me about how excited they are about our new house being built and we talked more about how their work lives have been lately which is always an interesting topic!

We also laughed a lot at and goofed around wherever we ended up which is highly expected of us, but since we don't get to as much as we used to, these moments mean so much more. Every time my Mom or Dad makes me laugh, they also cause my heart to ache because it reminds me just how special they are to me. I hold them at the very front of my heart, and that is where they will always be.

Mom, Dad- I had such a great time with y'all and I thank God more than you can imagine how thankful I am for you two. I am so grateful for the bond that we three share and I am so happy to be doing life with you guys. I am obsessed with Y'all's marriage and you guys teach me every day what to look for in a spouse. Your love for each other radiates through me and I am so glad to be a part of this family.

I will wrap up my last couple of thoughts with this. Thank you, Mom & Dad, for everything you teach me, and molding me into the person I am today. You did everything when it comes to raising a child perfectly and I cannot wait to prove that to you when I have my own kids one day. I hope to carry on both of your qualities until the end of my time and to simply make the both of you so proud.

Love Y'all lots and I am happy to be home for Thanksgiving break with the family.