Thank U, Ariana

Thank U, Ariana

Why Thank U, Next is Ariana Grande's best and most iconic album to date.

75

The album is here. It is finally here. If you are an obsessed super fan of Ariana Grande like I am then you know exactly what I mean.

The hype around this album all started on November 3 when the singer, without prior announcement, dropped the title track as the lead single for her new album. When that song dropped, the internet went crazy. The song is a self-empowerment anthem that talks about her past relationships with her ex-fiancé Pete Davidson, rapper Big Sean, Ricky Alvarez, and recently deceased ex-boyfriend Mac Miller. In the weeks following the release, a meme using the song's pre-chorus "One taught me love, one taught me patience, one taught me pain" spread all over social media platforms like Twitter. The song became Ariana Grande's first song to hit number one on the Billboard charts in the United States. The song became even more popular once she dropped the music video which paid tribute to some Grande's favorite movies including "Mean Girls", "Legally Blonde", and "Bring It On". The music video also included some of Grande's famous friends like Kris Jenner, Troye Sivan, and a number of her Victorious co-stars.

The hype for the album became even more exciting with the releases of the next two songs from the album, "Imagine" and "7 Rings". "Imagine" was a huge hit for her biggest fans, like myself, that featured Grande singing about failed relationships and hitting some very difficult whistle tone notes but she makes it look so easy. In "7 Rings", Grande sings and even raps about the relationship with her close circle of friends. The concept of the song was inspired by a hard day that she was having after the back-to-back events of the death of Mac Miller and break up with Pete Davidson. Her friends decided to take her to jewelry retailer Tiffany's where the girls decided to all get matching diamond rings. The song soon became her second number one on the Billboard charts in the United States and she is only the third artist in history to have multiple number one hits from an album.

On February 8, Ariana Grande dropped her fifth studio album. During my first listen of the album, I was so speechless and shook during the entire duration of the 41 minute album. It is so hard to decided what are some of the standout tracks on the album because every single song on this album is so good in its own way. Some current favorites of mine include "Needy", "NASA", "Bad Idea", "Bloodline", "In My Head" and "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored". Honestly, I'm so excited for this new chapter she is giving us. She is showing the world that, despite the hardships you might face, your close friends/supporters and a positive outlook/attitude will get you through anything life has to throw at you. Ariana Grande is starting off on top in 2019 and I'm ready to ride along with her throughout the rest of the year.