A Thank You Letter To My Third, And Final Freshman Year Roommate

Yes, I have had three different roommates in the course of one year.
170

Dear Syd,

Though we only spent about four weeks together as roommates, I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am that we had the opportunity to live together!

I have spent the majority of my second semester with a dorm room to myself after having multiple roommates leave West Chester. Therefore, I was super nervous about the possibility of having to start over with a third one.

I thought after the month of March began, there was no way I would be assigned another roommate since it was so late in the year. Yet at the end of the month, I was surprised with a phone call explaining that you were going to move in with me.

But I have to say, within seconds of meeting you I had no doubt in my mind that everything would turn out alright. And looking back, that was sure an understatement because these past four weeks with you have been the best.

Though many people seem to think I was the lucky one when I used to have the dorm room all to myself, truthfully it was not all that great coming back to a vacant room each night. I actually really missed sharing a room. With that said, I couldn't be happier that you came to join me!

From the start of our short time as roommates, we have really had some awesome times together.

We have gotten along so well and I want to thank you for being so friendly, considerate, and easy going.

I’d say you have been the definition of a perfect roommate!

In the midst of preparing for finals and wrapping up end of the semester projects, you've helped to motivate me with your heartfelt written notes, and constant humor. I truly appreciate the excessive amount of times a day that you’ve caused me to smile and laugh.

It has been so nice having you to talk to throughout the day and hangout with each night. Your company has made the time spent in this room so much more enjoyable.

I am extremely grateful we were each able to end our second semester on a positive note together.

Thank you for being so kind to me and for being extremely easy to live and get along with. On top of being an amazing roommate, thank you for being such a great friend to me in the short amount of time we have known each other.

And on a closing note,

thank you for all of the late night jam sessions, and mac 'n cheese/guacamole parties!

I hope to stay in touch throughout the rest of our time at West Chester!

Sincerely your roomie,

Kim