To The Parents Who Are Always Right And Always There

Thank you for being the best parents I ever could've asked for.

948
Elizabeth Lincoln

Dear Mom and Dad,

First off, I want to thank you for ALWAYS being there for me. I know I can always count on you guys, and I'm so thankful for that. Whenever I am upset or hurt, I know I can always go to you guys and I know I will never be judged. No matter what the situation is, you always give me the best advice. You both are always right. I know whatever I need you are always there for me. You both want me to be happy. I couldn’t thank you enough for all of the amazing advice I have gotten over the years; I will always remember it.

I also want to thank you for being the best parents I ever could've asked for. You both have been such amazing role models for me and I am lucky I have you both to look up to. You guys have taught me how to be respectful, caring, loving, and have made me into the person I am today. You have shown me who I want to be when I grow up, and how I want to be amazing parents to my future kids just like you were for me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you.

You both have shown me to work hard and to focus on my goals. As long as I put my mind to it, I can do anything. When I'm struggling in school or I'm down on myself, you both are there to pick me right back up.

You have taught me to never give up! I want to thank you guys for always being my number one supporter and believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You have helped me more than you will ever know. I wouldn’t be where I am right now if it wasn’t for you.

You both work hard to give my sister and I everything we need as well as what we could possibly want. You work hard to put a roof over our heads, and yummy food on the table three times a day. It's even better that you both can cook! I appreciate you and all you do to support this family and give us everything we need. Seeing you work hard and be successful makes me look forward to my future so I can follow in your footsteps.

I appreciate your parenting; the way you raised me and continue to raise me and my sister. You guys are very protective of us and that means a lot. You're strict with us, but not too strict, which I appreciate. You let me go have fun and have a good time with my friends, but you also know when it's not a good idea for me to go somewhere. You let me have my freedom; I know once I abuse that freedom, my trust will be broken.

You trust me enough to make my own decisions in what is right and wrong, and most of the time I agree with your thinking. You are strict when you need to be though, which I need. You know when something isn't a good idea, and you're honest in telling me that I should hang around the house instead of going out if it could cause me trouble. You're always looking out for me, and make sure I am safe and happy.

This one's important, because I know I can be a pain sometimes. Thank you for putting up with me. I know I can complain a lot and be annoying but you guys still listen to what I have to say and are nice about it. You pick me back up if I made a mistake or a stupid decision, and don’t judge me for it. Thank you for not giving up on me and being supportive, even though, again, I can be a pain. Sorry but you're stuck with me!

Lastly, thank you for loving me unconditionally. We are a very loving, caring family. I love that about us. Every day you make sure we know how much you love us. Going off to school I'm always left with a hug and an "I love you" and that always makes my day. Just knowing I have you both makes me the happiest person!

I could go on for days thanking you guys. Thank you for truly being the best parents I ever could've asked for. Thank you for always being there for me, and thank you for loving me. I will forever be grateful for you both.

I love you, Mom & Dad!

Love, Elizabeth