Thank You, Mizzou Football

Thank You, Mizzou Football

17
Thank You, Mizzou Football

There is something to be said about having a successful football team during your time at college. Some of the best memories made come from being able to watch your team beat a rival or rushing the field after clenching a division title. For Mizzou fans, this is something we are very fortunate to have gotten to experience.    

After last year’s successful season, the future of the Mizzou football program was questioned by so many. Some called it a fluke, that Mizzou clenching the SEC East title only their second year in the division was just a stroke of luck. For Mizzou fans, it was a season that no one would forget.

Coming back this season, after losing a number of highly skilled players from last year's unexpectedly successful team such as James Franklin, Henry Josey and Marcus Lucas, as well as, All-American and SEC Defensive Player of the Year, Michael Sam, the outlook for the 2014 Mizzou Football season was an uncertain one. 

Of course, Mizzou fans were unwavering with their support, but the rest of the football world did not think Mizzou could pull off another successful season after losing so much talent and competing in a division that is known for being extremely competitive.  

The Mizzou program came back stronger than ever and did not show any signs of letting up after the 2013 season. A significant number of players stepped up to the plate to ensure that this year’s season would be just as successful as the last.     

After three seasons in the SEC, Mizzou has two consecutive SEC East Championships; they have proved themselves worthy of being a part of the country’s most elite football division, as well as acquiring a number of honors such as 2014 SEC Coach of the Year, Gary Pinkel, 2014 Special Teams Player of the Year, Marcus Murphy, and 2014 SEC Defensive Player of the Year and All-American, Shane Ray.  

Some second-guessed a team that lost so many playmakers and leaders and could continue to be competitive throughout the constant taunting and questions of belongingness in the SEC. Yet, here we are again. Another ten-win season and a second straight SEC East division title.    

So, thank you, Mizzou football, for another exceptionally successful season. Thank you for another chance to rush the field after clenching an SEC East title, thank you for another season of proving the rest of the country wrong and continuing to show everyone that we are here to stay.