A Spur-Of-The-Moment Trip To Thailand

A Spur-Of-The-Moment Trip To Thailand

Beauty in Krabi

35
A Spur-Of-The-Moment Trip To Thailand

It's almost halfway through summer and most of us college kids are either busy with an internship, a full-time job, or summer classes. While all of these things are important to us, we do need to let loose and have some time to ourselves, whether it's just spending a day binge-watching on Netflix, or going on a vacation. Since most of us can't find enough time out of our busy schedules, here is a mini vacation through the Internet from my experience in Thailand this summer.

My family and I chose to take a trip to Krabi, a town in Thailand, all in the spur-of-the-moment. One moment, we were talking about how nice it would be to go on a vacation and the next moment, we had our flight tickets booked and were hotel hunting online. Either way, we were all equally stoked to get away from our busy lives.

When we landed in Krabi, it was sunny and warm, along with an abundance of mosquitoes. Minus the buzzing insects, it was beautiful. Our resort was so pretty, with trees and orchids and everyone was so welcoming.

We spent the next day island hopping! My family has been on many snorkeling trips, and this one was great as well! We kicked off the tour at Bamboo Island, we swam in the crystal clear ocean water and built sand castles under the sun.

After about 40 minutes here, we headed off to Pileh Lagoon, a lagoon surrounded by limestone mountains. Hundreds of multicolored fishes will surround you as you get into the warm, turquoise water.

Our next stop was Maya Beach, where the movie 'The Beach', starring Leonardo DiCaprio, was shot in 1999. Inside the bay, surrounded by high cliffs on three sides, there are several beaches with silky, soft, white sand, colorful coral and exotic fish in exceptionally clear water; the whole bay is one big reef!

Before going to our last island, we stopped by Monkey Beach. Wild, macaque monkeys reside on the small island and often come down to the beach from the cliffs to be fed when boats stop by.

Finally, we stopped at Phi Phi Island for lunch and, afterwards, went off to snorkel at our last destination. We saw sea snakes, tons of fish and jellyfish as well! To add on to it all, the different types of shapes and colors of corals really blew our minds. The entire trip was filled with beautiful scenery and marvelous creatures and it has been a blessing to be able to experience all of this.

Thailand, you were amazing!