best friend texts

8 Texts You Send Your BFF When You've Known Them For Practically Your Whole Life

Who knows where would you be without them?

505
Kathryn Hall

If you're lucky enough to have that person (or people) that you've known for the majority of your life, you also probably call them your best friend. Childhood friends are some of the best kind of friends you can have because they've seen you through all stages of life, and you've been there for their highs and lows too. You can go to them with literally anything, and you probably consider them as more of a sibling than a best friend.

The loyalty in this friendship is strong because if you're still friends after over ten years, you know you all are in it for the long haul. You don't go very long without talking to them, even if you are in different states for college, so texting has become a huge part of keeping your friendship strong.

These are eight texts you have undoubtedly sent to these people over the years because you know they will always have a response to whatever weird text comes their way.

1. “Do you remember *insert random event* that happened in 2nd grade?”

This bestie has been with you for most of your life, so they probably love reminiscing on your younger days as much as you do. You can always laugh about old memories, and they will probably remember all the details you forgot.

2. “Our parents are hanging out! I’m so jealous!”

If you have been friends since you were kids, your parents definitely know each other and are probably friends too. It makes your hearts so happy to see your parents hanging out, especially if you all are at different colleges and are living vicariously through your parents.

3. “Did you see what *random ex-boyfriend* posted?”

You've been there for all sorts of relationship drama, so even if your best friend blocked her ex, you are still following him to keep tabs on what he's up to. You have become a spy/insider on what he's up to and the mistakes he's made since breaking your bestie's heart.

4. “How are your siblings?”

If your best friend has siblings, you're probably really close to them too, since you've seen them grow throughout the years as well. You've gotta check up on them every once in a while!

5. “Have you talked to *friend from elementary school* lately?”

Since you all have known each other for so long, you all probably also keep tabs on people you were friends with when you were younger. One of you will always have some news about someone you knew years ago.

6. “Does this haircut look too much like the 5th grade debacle?”

This friend has seen your lowest fashion moments, and they will never fail to remind you about style mistakes in your past. You always go to them to make sure you aren't repeating some bad decisions from your pre-teen days.

7. “Does this bump look weird to you?”

You're never scared to send a picture of your latest health concern to this best friend because you know they don't care if it's something other people think is gross. They'll be the first to tell you that you're overreacting and it's just a bug bite, but it's nice to have the reassurance.

8. “SOS I need advice right now!!”

This best friend has never let you down when it comes to giving advice. Whether you need advice on boy problems or outfit help, they will always lead you in the right direction. Who knows where you would be without them? You have always been able to count on them for years, and you know they will be there for years to come.