Teriyaki-Brown Sugared Salmon Recipe

Teriyaki-Brown Sugared Salmon Recipe

This Teriyaki Brown Sugared Salmon will have you rethink eating fish!

67
Teriyaki-Brown Sugared Salmon Recipe
Personal Photo

Personal Photo

The good thing about eating Salmon is being able to do so confidently: it's such an easy, healthy fish to cook with and can really be manipulated to hide fishy tastes! You really can't go wrong with this easy glaze, I cook this all the time when I need something made quick that doesn't look like such.

PREP TIME: 15 Minutes

COOK TIME: 30 Minutes (25 Bake, 5 Broil)

TOTAL TIME: 45 Mins

Personal Photo

INGREDIENTS:

Salmon Fillets

1 Teaspoon Sea Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper

1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard

1 1/2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice

2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce

1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey

1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

Thyme/Parsley seasoning as desired*

LET'S GET TO COOKIN.

Personal Photo

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Let's Get Rid of the Reason You've Been Scared to Try Fish! 

Personal Photo

Start out by defrosting your salmon fillets and soaking them in milk for 10-20 minutes. I find more expensive pieces of Salmon don't require this as much, but cheaper frozen bags with smaller fillets usually do. This removes a lot of that fishy flavor that's hard to appreciate.

2. Prep Your Baking Sheet

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a baking sheet or a deep pan and line it with aluminum foil. I'll usually do a light layer of salt, pepper, and lemon juice on the foil just so the salmon isn't going down "dry". It adds a nice seasoning to the skin.

3. Prepare Your Marinade

While the oven is heating up, whisk and thoroughly mix in a bowl all glaze ingredients including the salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, and brown sugar. I usually place the fillets in the glazed bowl for 10 minutes just for a quick "marinade".

4. Time to Marinade/Season Your Salmon!

Personal Photo

Place the fillets on the foil and pour a gracious amount of glaze on top. Finish by sprinkling Parsley and/or Thyme seasoning on top, as well as a little more lemon juice. Additional salt and pepper can be added to taste.

5. Cook and ENJOY.

Personal Photo

Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until fillets are cooked through. After, take some of the remaining glaze in the foil and baste the salmon, then broil at 525 degrees for three to five minutes.

Let cool, and serve!