Ten Twitter Accounts Every College Student Should Follow

1912

Twitter is more than just a way to socialize with your friends on the internet. Twitter is also a great tool to use for accessing information.

Here's a list of ten Twitter accounts that every college student should follow. Some of these accounts provide entertainment, and the other accounts provide useful information.

1. @totalfratmove
TFM has some hilarious tweets that college students can relate to. Yes, I said everyone. You don’t have to be a member of the Greek community to enjoy Total Frat Move. The account features funny tweets, pictures and links to more articles and videos on the TFM website. 

2. @CollegeBlowouts 
College Blowouts became popular over the summer. This account tweets pictures of big time social gatherings at various college campuses. What kind of college student doesn’t want to see pictures of ginormous parties at campuses around the country? If you have any pictures, you can send them to college blowouts and they just might tweet it. 

3. @HuffPostCollege 
I recommend following Huffington Post College to any college student. The Huff Post College account keeps its followers up to date with the latest college news stories, nationwide. In addition to college news, this account tweets articles about how to handle the various situations that college students often find themselves in. I’m declaring this one a must-follow for all students. 

4. @HiddenTips Hidden 
Tips is an extremely useful account that tweets tips on how to make your life easier. You’ll find tips on almost anything on this account. From tips on job interviews to tips on how to prank your friends, you’re bound to find a few tips that will benefit something in your life. 

5. @”Your school”
As a student, you should follow your school’s twitter account. Following your college’s Twitter account will keep you informed of things such as school closures, campus events and deadlines to add or drop classes. 

6. @CNN 
As a Communication major, I've been taught to understand the importance of being media-literate. If you want to be successful in life, you have to know what’s going on in the world. I follow CNN because it brings me all the big news around the world. Who says you have to watch the news or read the paper to keep yourself informed? You’re going to read tweets off your timeline all day anyways, so you might as well read some news while you’re at it. 

7. @StunningCampus 
Stunning Campus tweets great pictures of college campuses. I know, I'm a little biased because I enjoy checking out what other campuses look like, but I can’t be the only one. Sight seeing is something that I’m really into. Follow Stunning Campus if you’re interested in seeing campuses that you probably won’t get to see in person. 

8. @motivation 
I don’t know about you, but I find college life to be just as stressful as it is fun. Motivation tweets motivational quotes from successful people. Follow this account, and you may read a quote some day that just might motivate you to get out of bed and make it to that 9 a.m. class on Monday! 

9. @TweetMyJobs 
If you’re an upperclassmen getting ready to enter the real world, you could benefit from following Tweet My Jobs. This account tweets job openings in different fields, in areas all over the United States. Get a step ahead of the your competition by being the first to hear about job openings that you're qualified for. 

10. @ESPN 
Sports fans, you should already be following ESPN. However, even if you don’t care about the sports world, you should follow ESPN anyways. While you may not be extremely enthralled in the world of sports, a lot of people are. Sometimes, getting a job or promotion depends on your ability to connect with employers. If you end up with an employer who is an avid sports fan, you could benefit by being able to keep up with the latest sports talk.