Ten Tips for Traveling the World

Ten Tips for Traveling the World

No matter where you're going, whether it's a state over or across the sea, keep these things in mind to stay stress free and enjoy every second of your time away

20
Ten Tips for Traveling the World
google

By the time this article is published I will probably be riding a tandem bike through the city of Amsterdam with my best friends. How lucky am I? Spring Break 2017 is going to be one for the books. But before all of the fun can start, there's plenty of preparation that goes into it. It all starts with the flights and accommodations, which can often be the most stressful part. But then comes the trip. The memories will be cherished, you experience a different part of the world, and you build a connection with the people who join you on the journey. And then there's the post-trip nostalgia. The withdrawal feelings of going back to normal life which includes class, work, and dealing with things you just don't want to deal with. However, I'm here to help. Here are my ten tips for traveling the world. No matter where you're going, whether it's a state over or across the sea, keep these things in mind to stay stress free and enjoy every second of your time away:

1. Book ahead of time.

As majority of us know, the earlier you book, the cheaper it will be. If you can book your next vacay a few months in advance, it'll probably be a little bit cheaper than purchasing the day before. One of the most popular times to travel is Spring Break, so try to get those travel plans secured by Thanksgiving to ensure you won't be breaking the bank (too much).

2. Fly red-eye.

One of the best ways to save money is to fly super early or super late at night. Obviously it's a little inconvenient for you, but often times you can save a significant amount of money. Sometimes being a morning person or a night owl pays off.

3. Be Patient.

Of course, traveling is frustrating. The long lines at security, getting searched at TSA, delayed boarding times. But don't fret. Have a little patience for the people around you. They're all doing their best to get from point A to point B. Remember to smile at people as they pass, hold the door open, and help lift that luggage into the overhead bin.

4. Travel with friends.

Don't get me wrong, traveling alone can be a great experience, but traveling with friends is even better. The memories made and photographs taken will be remembered forever and the stories you'll be able to relive when you're older will be amazing. There's nothing more special than seeing a new part of the world with you right-hands.

5. Take an absurd amount of photos.

Just to remind you of the fantastic trip. You'll also have some pretty great phone and computer wallpapers of you and your besties.

6. Meet the locals.

I did this when I traveled to Mexico a few years back. Staying in a tiny village is truly amazing when you can learn the ins and outs of the area from the people who live there.

7. Airbnb is your new bestie.

Rent an apartment instead of paying an extreme amount for a hotel. Plus, you'll be able to have breakfast or lunch there, and you can save the money you would spend on a fancy restaurant, on something more memorable.

8. Stay safe.

Now, this is pretty obvious. But whenever I travel anywhere I always prepare myself for emergencies. Always make sure you've got some cash, Uber ready to go on your phone, and some way to contact home if you really need it.

9. Pack lightly.

Trust me, this is the hardest one. I'm studying fashion so you can imagine everything I'm *hoping* to bring. Bring things that are easy to mix and match. Jeans, booties, multiple tops. You're good to go as long as you stick within a cohesive color theme.

10. HAVE FUN.

Cherish every second. Take a moment to breathe. Be grateful for the opportunity.

Wherever your next travel adventures take you, remember what's important. YOU get the amazing opportunity to travel, don't take it for granted.