10 Reasons To Visit Chincoteague, Virginia

If you love the small town feel and the beach, this is for you.

39

Chincoteague, Virginia, is one of the greatest places to go visit. Whether it be for a few days or over a week, there is always something to do there. Here is why you should go check out one of the greatest coastal towns there is!

1. It is one of those small beach towns.

It is one of the towns you imagine when you see movies about the beach.

2. Friendly, Local People

The people of Chincoteague are absolutely some of the best. Never has there been a bad encounter with anyone!

3. The Amazing Food

You will never find yourself eating the same thing twice. With lots of variety and non-franchised restaurants, you are sure to find something for everyone!

4. The Island Creamery

No trip is complete without a visit to the Island Creamery!

5. Assateague Island National Seashore

Enjoy the nice beach along the seashore on Assateague Island. Maybe you will even see some horses!

6. Rocket Launches

If you go down at the right time you may see a rocket launch from nearby Wallops Island.

7. Horses

Everyone has heard of the annual pony swim, make your trip complete by seeing wild horses!

8. Sunset Cruises

One of the greatest things to do is booking a sunset cruise. If you are lucky, you can catch beautiful sunsets and views!

9. The Wildlife

There is quite the variety of wildlife on both the Chincoteague and Assateague Islands, as well as the nearby oceans and bays.

10. A Place You Can Call Home

Every year we go, I beg to not leave. It is such an amazing place anyone who visits can feel like home at Chincoteague, Virginia.