10 Nostalgic Halloween Movies For October

"Double double, toil and trouble."

1088
Pixnio

Who doesn't love a few great Halloween movies to get them in the creepy spirit? Though exam season is in full swing, my roommate and I have been watching movies once a week in preparation for Halloween. As we were watching, I got really nostalgic (and a little homesick) and just thought about how I used to lay on my couch with my sisters and watch a lot of these movies I've listed below. Here are ten nostalgic Halloween movies that you can enjoy with anyone:

10. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

I'll be honest with this one, I hated Peanuts growing up. The characters really used to make me angry. Like why was that one kid dirty? When was Linus going to stop sucking his thumb? Why couldn't Schroeder just give Lucy a chance? Why was Charlie Brown so cynical? I never really appreciated it until I watched the Halloween special one October with my dad because it was one of his favorite shows growing up. I still don't think I would voluntarily watch the special by myself, but it's good for nostalgic purposes.

9. Edward Scissorhands

Johnny Depp is honestly a god in everything that he acts in. I like Edward Scissorhands though because instead of being an annoying pirate or a creepy factory owner, he's an abandoned and timid guy who just wants love. Also, it has that classic Tim Burton feel, so what's not to love?

8. The Addam's Family & Addam's Family Values

I loved watching Addam's Family Values because I idolized Wednesday Addams all my life. She was the OG Girl Badass and I aspired to be just as unrelenting and nonchalant as she was.

7. Monster House

UNPOPULAR OPINION, but Monster House is one of my favorite Halloween films. This movie is literally the epitome of dumb, middle school kids who have nothing better to do with their lives than say, "yo mama" jokes. It's kind of trash, but it's good trash. It's trash that'll make you laugh and then you realize how immature it all is and you regret laughing in the first place. Quality stuff.

6. All of the Halloweentown films

CLASSIC. CLASSIC. CLASSIC HALLOWEEN FILMS. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THE HALLOWEENTOWN MOVIES ON DISNEY, YOU NEED TO JUST FORGET ABOUT YOUR EXAMS FOR LIKE A DAY AND JUST WATCH THESE.

5. Coraline

I feel like I'm obliged to put this on here because Coraline is my #2 favorite film of all time. A lot of people think it's creepy and I know my dad regrets taking me and my younger sister to see this when I was like eight, but I think it's worth watching. It has a good moral theme and I think it'll make anybody stop and ponder about their life.

4. The Corpse Bride

I only discovered this movie, like, two years ago when I was searching for music to study for and one of the songs from this film came up. It's a really cute film and again, Tim Burton put his aesthetic touches into it.

3. Hocus Pocus

Just like the Halloweentown films, if you haven't seen Hocus Pocus, are you even really living? This movie easily is one of the best Halloween movies there are because of all the pun-filled jokes, absurd scenes, and ridiculous costumes. I didn't get any of the jokes as a kid, obviously, so watching it again and finally understanding what they were talking about makes watching this film even better.

2. All of the Harry Potter films

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this one, to be honest. It's Harry Potter.

Enough said.

1. Nightmare Before Christmas

Of course, another Tim Burton film takes the #1 spot. From the animation to the music to the script, this movie is just one of those films that you can watch every year and not get tired of it.