Ten Grouplove Songs You Need To Listen To

'Yeah I'd rather be a hippie than a hipster... whaaat?'

1982
DailyCal

Grouplove was always one of my favorite bands. There's something about the up-beat sound and cheerful lyrics that gives me a little fuzzy feeling inside. It's always nice to feel your ears with happy sounds when you're used to listening to heavy (not in the 'heavy metal' sense, but in the sense of deeper sounds.. does that make sense?) sounding music. After buying tickets to their next show in Philadelphia, and with the band releasing new music, I've decided to compose a list of some of the best songs by Grouplove. So everyone, grab a pen and paper and begin writing these down, you're going to want to look them up.

1. Colours

While this song does sound different compared to their other songs, I believe it's a beautiful way to start off the list. There's something about this song that makes me really love it. Whether it's the vibes that fill the room when you play it, or the unique sound, it truly stands out from their other songs. This is always my go to song when I introduce anyone to Grouplove.

2. Lovely Cup

Lovely Cup is probably one of my favorite songs by Grouplove. Everything about it is so catchy, the sound, the lyrics, the vocals/backing vocals, and just about everything else. While it's surely not their best song, it's one of my personal favorites and deserves to be on this list

3. Tongue Tied

There was no way I couldn't include Tongue Tied on this list. Without a doubt. this is Grouplove's most popular song, if you don't recognize the song, just play it. I'm sure you'll know it. In my opinion, Tongue Tied was Grouplove's 'breakout song. This song was the one song played all over the radio, all over T.V, and in playlists that venue's play in between sets. Even though it's probably overplayed beyond belief, it's still one of my favorite songs by them. It's also a great song to listen to while playing Mario Kart. I promise you, you won't fall off Rainbow Road to it.

4. Close Your Eyes and Count to Ten

Much like Colours, they're something about this song that really sticks out to me. There's something about the way the two vocals mesh during the song that really sets me at ease. This song is a really great song to listen to when you're trying to calm yourself down, or simply just want to put yourself at ease. If you never listened to it before, I highly suggest your first time to be in a dark room, with your eyes closed. That way the only thing you're focusing is the song. You're truly able to capture it's essence that way.

5. Bitin' the Bullet

Bitin' the Bullet is a personal favorite of mine. This song is so beautifully weird, it's fitting for the band's song. It's a beautiful mix of colorful background and strange vocals. It all mixes together beautifully, almost like mashed potatoes and gravy. Also, as I mentioned before, Bitin' the Bullet is the perfect song to listen to while playing Mario Kart. From my own experience, I went from sixth place to first place once this song came on.

6. Beans on Pizza

I'm not going to lie, this song took me on a strange trip the first time I listened to it. It was a wild time. I clearly remember it, it was around three in the morning and I was half asleep when it came on. It took me for a ride. Regardless of the strangeness of the song, it's a good song to listen to when you're in a strange place of mind. It's one of my favorite songs to zone out to.

7. Welcome to Your Life

Welcome to Your Life is a one of Grouplove's newer songs. It perfectly describes the band's sound, happy and carefree. Not only is the song probably one of their most beautiful songs, the video perfectly describes how I visualized the song whenever I listened to it. Also not gonna lie, releasing a song after a small break with the line 'we're back in business' was pretty cool to me.

8. Ways to Go

Ways to Go is another one of the band's catchy hits. This song was actually the song that won over the band for me. I loved Tongue Tied when I first heard it, but after listening to Ways to Go, it sold the band for me. I fell in love and decided this was the band I was going to claim was one of my favorites and now here I am, writing an entire article on them and constantly blabbing about them on Tumblr. Amazing.

9. Borderlines & Aliens

Jam. Total jam. That's the best way to describe this song. Even though I recently started listening to this song a lot more than usual, it's become another one of my favorites. The way the riff of this song begins to get more intense as the vocals begin to increase in volume gets me going. If you need a good song that sounds a bit different than Grouplove's work, this is the way to go.

10. Raspberry

Raspberry is a song that took me a little longer than it should have to appreciate. It took me a bit to really get into the song since the vibe the intro gave out wasn't very pleasing to me, but once I got into the song... boy did I get into it. The chorus is honestly what won me over entirely. After I got used to the intro, It's slowly become one of my favorites by Grouplove.

This list was going to go way over ten songs, so here are some Honorable Mentions:

Itchin' on a Photograph

No Drama Queen

Naked Kids

Schoolboy

Please keep in mind, this is all just my opinion. If you haven't heard of any of these songs, please look them up! Grouplove is a highly under appreciated band and they deserve much more love than they are given.