The 10 People Who Don't Exist That I'd Vote For Over Clinton-Trump

These fictional characters all would make a great president.

31
Netflix Life

In honor of National Voters Registration Day, and following the first Presidential Debate on Monday night, my brain is pretty much in a pretzel as to who I dislike more in this election.

I could rant forever, like most would and often do, but that doesn't necessarily prove my point. I'd rather put a positive and light-hearted spin on something that I am sure bothers most Americans the same way it bothers me. Thus, here are ten people I'd rather vote for President of the United States as opposed to voting for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump:

10. Ferris Bueller - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Do you think either of the current candidates could execute their policies the way Ferris executed the greatest day off from school ever? Didn't think so. Not only did he outsmart his sister and his parents, he gave Cameron the best day of his life, even though he wrecked his dad's car. Ferris is a guy that puts others over himself.

9. Cal Naughton Jr. - Talladega Nights

For years, all Cal Naughton Jr. knew was 2nd place. And it's hard to blame him when he was racing along the likes of Ricky Bobby, but if he were running in the 2016 election it would be Cal's time to shine. After years of coming so close to the top, there's no way he would disappoint when he finally has his moment of glory.

8. Mitch Martin - Old School

A good leader is someone who unites people of all shapes, sizes, and age together under one common goal. Mitch not only was the Godfather/founder of his own fraternity, but he gave those in the fraternity a brand new purpose in life. He even managed to get a corrupt dean fired from a university. With that in mind, Mitch would take care of the middle and working class as president.

7. Flo - Progressive Commercials

There's no denying the dedication and commitment that Flo has for working for Progressive. She's saved a lot of hardworking Americans a lot of their hard-earned money with various insurance deals. Economy in trouble? Very doubtful if Flo were president.

6. Detective Stabler - Law and Order: SVU

Stabler comes from a blue-collared background, growing up in a big Irish-Catholic family in Queens, New York. His humble beginnings and eclectic charisma would remind many of the great President John F. Kennedy. Aside from protecting and serving the American people, Stabler isn't afraid to get the job done no matter what the risk is.

5. Brennan Huff - Step Brothers

A good president has the ability to bounce back from tough times, rally the people, and assume responsibility. Brennan was fed up with living life in the immature manner that he was so accustomed to, so he went out and made something of himself. He got a job, began dating a therapist, and took full responsibility in operating the Catalina Wine Mixer. Not much else needs to be said. It's the Catalina Wine Mixer.

4. Hank Moody - Californication

One of President Obama's greatest qualities was his ability to relate to many different kinds of Americans, and it was easy to tell that he was genuine with everyone he came into contact with. Hank Moody is the epitome of that. He has worked with legendary musicians, famous actors, renowned academic geniuses, and many more. His versatility and brash personality would make him the perfect fit in this 2016 election.

3. Uncle Phil - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

First things first, America could use a smart and educated man with experience in the judicial system as well as an Ivy League background and brilliant economic mind. Uncle Phil is a boss. A proud husband and father of four, he once took in a troubled youth and helped flip and turn the young man's life upside down. A true compassionate and strong leader, there's no one bigger than Uncle Phil.

2. Will Hunting - Good Will Hunting

An old expression states "what you don't know, won't hurt you." Well, Will proves that expression wrong, and that's because he knows basically everything. This young man overcame the odds of growing up in various foster homes, going in and out of prison, and working as a janitor to finding life's greatest sources of happiness. He doesn't have to talk about how much of a genius he is; he just proves it time and time again. Theodore Roosevelt once said, "speak softly, and carry a big stick". Will does exactly that, and if he were president he would easily be compared to Roosevelt.

1. Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights

It doesn't matter if the wall is made of straw or of concrete, because you'll want to run through it after a speech from Coach Taylor. It's hard to imagine any other world leader not respecting Coach, so that basically would guarantee world peace if he were to become commander-in-chief. After losing his original job due to dirty politics, Coach was relocated to a new position in a run-down community, a community that he completely turned around after just three seasons as coach.

A president who is family-oriented, driven, and tough as nails, is a president I can get behind. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.