A Temple University student describes what her school means to her as you are taken through the university campus.
In 2017 we had to say goodbye to one of the best websites to ever roam the internet: Vine. In case you have been living under a rock since 2013, Vine was -(sad face)- a website and app that took the internet and the app store by storm in Winter 2013. It contained 6-second videos that were mostly comedy- but there were other genres including music, sports, cool tricks and different trends. Vine stars would get together and plan out a vine and film it till they got it right.
It was owned by Twitter and it was shut down because of so many reasons; the viners were leaving and making money from Youtube, there was simply no money in it and Twitter wanted us to suffer.
There's been a ton of threads on Twitter of everyone's favorite vines so I thought I'd jump in and share some of my favorites. So without further ado, here are some
1. "AHH...Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant"
2. "Nate how are those chicken strips?" "F%#K YA CHICKEN STRIPS.....F%#K ya chicken strips!"
3. "Road work ahead? Uh Yea, I sure hope it does"
5. "...Hi Welcome to
7."Welcome to Bible Study. We're all children of Jesus... Kumbaya my
10. "Yo how much money do you have?" "69 cents" "AYE you know what that means?" "I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets"
11. "Hurricane Katrina? More like Hurricane Tortilla."
13. "Get to Del Taco. They got a new thing called Freesha-- Free-- Freeshavaca do"
14. "Mothertrucker dude that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick"
17. "Not to be racist or anything but Asian people SSUUGHHH"
18. 18. "I wanna be a cowboy baby... I wanna be a cowboy baby"
19. "Hey, I'm lesbian" "I thought you were American"
20. "I spilled lipstick in your Valentino bag" "you spilled- whaghwhha- lipstick in my Valentino White bag?"
21. "What's better than this? Guys bein dudes"
22. "How'd you get these bumps? ya got
23. "WHAT ARE
24. "Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?"
25. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!" "I can't
27. "How much did you pay for that taco?" Aight yo you know
28. *Birds chirping* "
29. "Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal"
30. "I brought you Frankincense" "Thank you" "I brought you Myrrh" "Thank you" "Mur-
31. "Sleep? I don't know about sleep...it's summertime" "You ain't go to bed?" "Oh she caught me"32. "All I wanna tell you is
34. "Next Please" "Hello" "Sir, this is a mug shot" "A mug shot? I don't even drink coffee"
35. "Hey did you happen to go to class last week?" "I have never missed a class"
36. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves" "My name is Michael with a B and I've been afraid of insects my entire-" "Stop, stop, stop. Where?" "Hmm?" "Where's the B?" "There's a bee?"
37. "There's only one thing worse than a rapist...Boom" "A child" "No"38. "Later mom. What's
40. "Zach stop...Zach stop...You're gonna get in trouble. Zach"
41. "CHRIS! Is that a weed? "No this is a crayon-" I'm calling the police" *puts 911 into microwave* "911 what's your emergency"
42. "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? "
43. *Blowing vape on table* * cameraman blows it away* "ADAM"
44. "Would you like the spider in your hand?" "Yea" "Say please" "Please" *puts spider in hand* *screams*
45. "Oh hi, thanks for checking in I'm still a piece of garrbaagge"
46. *girl blows vape* "...WoW"
47. *running* "...Daddy?" "Do I look like-?"
48. *Pours water onto girl's face" "Hello?"
49. "Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman" "HaaaAHH"
50. "...And they were roommates" "Mah God they were roommates"
I could literally go on forever because I just reference vines on a daily basis. Rest in peace Vine
Jonathan Van Ness has quickly pushed his way into the hearts of America after starring on the show "Queer Eye."
People cannot help but love his eccentric personality. One second he's crying because he's so happy, the next he's spinning around the room like he has no care in the world.
The entire time I was bingeing "Queer Eye" on Netflix, I couldn't help but realize how similar Jonathan is to my college friends. It seemed like everything he said and everything he felt was so relatable, from him strutting around like a queen who knows that they deserve the world, to spending forever making his hair look amazing.
So it must be true then: Jonathan Van Ness' emotions are relatable for every college girl.
1. No way!
Every college girl knows what it's like to hear some juicy gossip from your friend. You're shocked but also totally want to know more.
2. Realizing you're basic.
No one wants to feel it, but you probably know what it's like to realize that you are super basic as you walk across campus in leggings, taking a selfie with an iced coffee in your hand.
3. Loving your flawless hair.
Finally the humidity is gone and you can straighten your hair so that it looks perfect. Except then you can stop flipping it around and touching it all the time.
4. Can you believe?
The famous Jonathan Van Ness phrase. Sometimes you can just NOT believe.
5. Struggling to function.
You always try to laugh it off, but we all know what it's like to fail to do something that every other person seems to be able to do without a problem.
6. Strutting into a bar like you own the place.
Sometimes you just know that your outfit, hair, face and attitude are all on point as you enter a bar on a weekend, so you can't help but strike a pose.
7. Everything is amazing.
There are just days when life seems to be on your side and you're constantly gushing about how absolutely amazing everyone and everything is.
8. Putting on perfume.
Every single girl who wants to smell nice has done the typical move where you spray perfume in the air and walk through it like a queen.
9. Crying over something that is too cute.
Whether it's a romantic comedy on the Hallmark channel or a really good dog in a park, you just need to cry about things that are precious.
10. Love, love, love.
You have to let your girlfriends know that you love them for always being there for you. Sometimes on the weekends you even say "I love you" to the random girl you just met in the bathroom.
11. Feeling yourself during crop top season.
Nothing is more rewarding than when you've been working out for months so that you can show off your toned body once the weather is perfect for a crop top.
12. Wanting to Netflix and chill.
College is exciting because everyone has a cute little dorm room, so you're just dying to find the person who wants to Netflix and chill with you.
13. I am a queen!
Every girl needs to wink at themselves in the mirror and tell themselves that they are a queen. Life can be hard. It's healthy to be your own #1 fan.