Find Your New Favorite TV Show Based On Your Disney Channel Preferences

If you used to love watching Hannah Montana, then I have the perfect show recommendations for you!

33
cottonbro on Pexels

Have you ever been sitting on the couch at night wondering what you are going to watch for entertainment? You have your comfy blanket in your lap, snacks are sitting by your side, and the remote is in your hand as you scroll through potential shows. Should you start a new series? Should you simply rewatch one of your favorite shows? Are you tired of watching the same television programs each night? If so, what new show should you watch? Deciding what to watch next can be challenging, but I have you covered!

There are so various television show options through regular cable and streaming services, and at times, it can be hard to find something to watch. Why not try some new shows based on your favorite Disney Channel shows from the 2000s and 2010s? For instance, if you enjoyed watching Wizards of Waverly Place as a kid, then you should check out the five recommended shows compiled for you based on that show. Hopefully you can find some new shows to watch based on your childhood favorites.

giphy.com

If you liked That's So Raven, then you would enjoy:

• Psych
    • The Rain
    • The 100
    • Black Mirror
    • Manifest
    If you used to binge-watch That's So Raven, then you should check out television programs with strong lead characters who are able to tackle unpredicted obstacles. Futuristic shows are probably up your alley as well, which is why you should check out Manifest, The 100, and Black Mirror especially.

giphy.com

If you liked Wizards of Waverly Place, then you would enjoy:

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
    • Fate: The Winx Saga
    • A Discovery of Witches
    • Shadowhunters
    • Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    If you used to watch Wizards of Waverly Place as a child, then you would probably enjoy television shows with a supernatural flare. Shows with fantastical elements and worlds will keep you engaged and interested, and that is why you should check out the shows listed above.

giphy.com

If you liked The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, then you would enjoy:

• Friends
    • The Good Place
    • In the Dark
    • Anne With An E
    • A Million Little Things
    The Suite Life of Zack and Cody emphasizes close friendship bonds and comedic relief. If you are looking for shows with similar appeals, check out the television programs listed above.

giphy.com

If you liked Good Luck Charlie, then you would enjoy:

• The Fosters
    • The Middle
    • Fuller House
    • Melissa & Joey
    • Reba
    Good Luck Charlie contains light-hearted humor and a relatable family dynamic that faces (semi-)realistic problems. The television shows listed above provide a similar sense of humor and family bonds that will remind you of this family-oriented show on Disney.

giphy.com

If you liked Phil of the Future, then you would enjoy:

• Timeless
    • Once Upon a Time
    • Travelers
    • The Flash
    • 3%
    If you used to watch Phil of the Future, then you would enjoy other shows with time-travel elements and fantastical scenarios from future worlds. These selected shows will remind you of the vibes you experienced when watching Phil of the Future.

giphy.com

If you liked Hannah Montana, then you would enjoy:

• The Masked Singer
    • Star
    • Julie and the Phantoms
    • American Idol
    • Songland
    If you enjoyed watching Hannah Montana as a child, then you may enjoy shows centering on music, theater, and musical competitions. Shows, like Julie and the Phantoms and Songland, will remind you of this beloved childhood show.

giphy.com

If you liked Kim Possible, then you would enjoy:

• Rizzoli and Isles
    • Blue Bloods
    • Prodigal Son
    • Stitchers
    • Motive
    If you enjoyed watching Kim Possible as a kid, then you would also like shows with strong protagonists who take down evil masterminds and worldwide criminal. Programs focusing on criminal detectives will probably be right up your alley, especially shows like Rizzoli and Isles which has strong female leads.

giphy.com

If you liked The Suite Life on Deck, then you would enjoy:

• Schooled
    • Arrow
    • Boy Meets World
    • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    • Red Band Society
    If you used to enjoy The Suite Life on Deck, then you would probably enjoy programs with solid friendships and school-related themes. Therefore, the above television shows may interest you!

giphy.com

If you liked Lilo and Stitch, then you would enjoy:

• Supergirl
    • Doctor Who
    • The Umbrella Academy
    • The Order
    • The Magicians
    If you enjoyed Lilo and Stitch, then you would enjoy shows with out-of-this world characters and unprecedented storylines. The recommended shows are unique, and many of the selections have supernatural superheroes that are extraterrestrial in nature, just like Stitch.

giphy.com

If you liked Phineas and Ferb, then you would enjoy:

• Wanda Vision
    • Whiskey Cavalier
    • Call Your Mom
    • MacGyver
    • NCIS
    Both protagonists in Phineas and Ferb are quick-witted and inventive. You will find a similar creativeness and inventiveness in shows like NCIS, MacGyver, and Whiskey Cavalier.

giphy.com

If you liked The Proud Family, then you would enjoy:

• All American
    • Good Trouble
    • Orange Is the New Black
    • Good Trouble
    • The Bold Type
    The Proud Family was a diverse show that discussed modern topics and situations. As a result, you would probably enjoy shows that touch on issues facing our society and give you new perspectives to think about.

giphy.com

If you liked Sonny with a Chance, then you would enjoy:

• Parks and Recreation
    • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    • Young & Hungry
    • Man With A Plan
    • Modern Family
    Sonny with a Chance held a special comical appeal that can be found in a variety of comedies/dramas out now. If you need a laugh, check out the list above!

giphy.com

If you liked Jonas, then you would enjoy:

• Empire
    • Tiny Pretty Things
    • This Is Us
    • Selena: The Series
    • Dawson's Creek
    If you enjoyed watching Jonas, then you would enjoy shows with a musical and creative spin to them.

giphy.com

If you liked The Emperor's New Groove, then you would enjoy:

• Dynasty
    • The Resident
    • Reign
    • The Royals
    • Pretty Little Liars
    If you used to watch The Emperor's New Groove, then you may be in the mood for some royal dramas or shows with powerful leads and power struggles.

giphy.com

If you liked Jessie, then you would enjoy:

• Jane the Virgin
    • American Housewife
    • The Crown
    • New Girl
    • The Bachelor
    If you enjoyed Jessie, then you probably enjoyed how Jessie acted as a strong female lead who struggled finding her way in life. You will find similar female characters in the programs listed above.

giphy.com

If you liked Liv and Maddie, then you would enjoy:

• Switched at Birth
    • One Day At A Time
    • Firefly Lane
    • Alexa and Katie
    • Sister, Sister
    If you enjoyed watching Liv and Maddie, then you would also like shows with strong sisterly and friendship bonds. Shows like Alexa and Katie and Sister, Sister demonstrate strong relationships like those exhibited in the Disney program.

giphy.com

If you liked My Babysitter's a Vampire, then you would enjoy:

• Vampire Diaries
    • Charmed
    • Stranger Things
    • Riverdale
    • Lucifer
    My Babysitter's a Vampire tackled life or death circumstances with various supernatural monsters and villains. Therefore, you would probably enjoy shows with similar mystic and mature content.

giphy.com

If you liked Austin and Ally, then you would enjoy:

• Glee
    • The Good Place
    • Nashville
    • Westworld
    • Pose
    Disney had its fair share of musical dramas, including Austin and Ally. If you enjoyed watching this hit when you were a child, then you would enjoy the shows above that either contain immense musical elements or similar friendships/relationships as those in the Disney classic.

giphy.com

If you liked Lizzie McGuire, then you would enjoy:

• Bridgerton
    • Gilmore Girls
    • The O.C.
    • Hart of Dixie
    • Golden Girl
    When I reminisce on Lizzie McGuire, I always think of romance and heartfelt girl dramas. You would enjoy shows that contain a "Girls Run The World" vibe. The above shows have their fair share of female leads paving their way through challenges in life.

giphy.com

If you liked K.C. Undercover, then you would enjoy:

• Person of Interest
    • Blacklist
    • The Rookie
    • Major Crimes
    • Leverage
    Similar to Kim Possible's audience, you would probably enjoy criminal detective shows if you watched K.C. Undercover in your free time. The above shows have a mixture of justice seeking, criminal detection and spies who save the world from evil-doers.

giphy.com

If you liked Shake It Up, then you would enjoy:

• Dance Academy
    • Dancing with the Stars
    • Insatiable
    • Bunheads
    • World of Dance
    If you used to watch Shake It Up, then you should check out shows with dance, music, and drama, like those listed above. From competition dance shows to mature adult dramas, you should have enough dance content for your viewing pleasure.

giphy.com

If you liked A.N.T. Farm, then you would enjoy:

• The Good Doctor
    • Outmatched
    • Young Sheldon
    • House
    • The Office
    If you liked A.N.T. Farm, then you would probably enjoy a show with quirky characters who may hold special talents and genius tendencies.

giphy.com

If you liked Dog with a Blog, then you would enjoy:

• Family Matters
    • Tiger King
    • Gossip Girl
    • Shameless
    • Will & Grace
    Finally, if you like Dog with a Blog, then you would like shows with a similar type of humor...and maybe some animals.

I hope this list helps you find new shows to binge-watch!