Ted bundy trailer explained

The Zac Efron Ted Bundy Movie Trailer, Explained

Why a vicious murderers story seems to be a teen romcom.

36

A couple of weeks ago the trailer for the movie “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile" was released. The movie is about the notorious serial killer Ted Bundy, who is played by Zac Efron, and the resemblance is definitely there. The trailer is under heavy criticism, however. People are saying the tone of the trailer is making Ted Bundy come off as a high roller.

The upbeat music and quick cuts of Zac Efron have led people to believe this movie is going to give a poor representation of how truly evil Bundy was. And they have a point, Bundy was a monster, who killed over 30 women in seven different states, spanning from Washington to Florida. He does not deserve to be portrayed by the superstar that is Zac Efron let alone have a whole movie that glorifies his murders.

I was all for hating this movie at first, but the more I watched the trailer, the less I could believe that Bundy's story was going to be twisted this way. Additionally, I kept going back to the last scene of the trailer. Bundy is seen dragging a dead girl's body to the forest, the music cuts out, and you are left with an uneasy feeling in your stomach. This is when I realized what the trailers all about.

One of the distinct features people talk about when they talk about Ted Bundy is his charm and charisma. People could not believe he was a serial killer cause of the way he acted. Women said he was attractive and funny so it was hard to believe he had such a dark side to him. And this is the point that tied the new trailer together for me.

Now this is just a theory, nothing has been confirmed, but I believe the new Ted Bundy movie is going to be a lot darker than what the trailer portrays. The trailer in and of itself is supposed to represent Bundy. Let me explain. First off, Zach Efron is the perfect casting for Bundy, a charming actor everyone loves, hell, it's Troy from "Highschool Musical." No one would expect Efron to play/portray a dark manipulative man like Bundy.

Which is perfect because during the time of the murders no one suspected Bundy to be a serial killer because of his smooth character. People will get to experience first hand the reveal that Bundy is a sick and twisted character.

Additionally, like Bundy, the trailer comes off as a sweet romcom by using high paced music and flashy scenes. Audiences will go into theatres expecting a lighthearted representation of the Ted Bundy story until they realize that there is no way to lightly represent the Bundy story. His murders were so gruesome and abundant that if you try to avoid them there won't be a story to tell.

Now I could be wrong about all of this and Hollywood could end up somehow glorifying the murderer that was Ted Bundy, but either way, I will be in theatres to see what ultimately goes down.