You Need to Throw Your Teacher Friends a Shower and Here's Why

You Need To Be Throwing A Teacher Shower

It's like a baby shower and just as necessary.

291

When you sign up to be a teacher, you do it for the love of the job and for the kids. You want to make a difference in the world and in the lives of the students that you see every day. Teachers are one of the most important people in our children's lives, yet they are the least appreciated.

Teacher appreciation week is great and all, but teachers receive things that they don't need. Sure plants, candy, and Starbucks gift cards are nice, but they really need supplies. The amount of money that the government gives individual teachers each year to fund their classrooms is never enough to buy what they need; especially not a new teacher fresh out of college.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

A teacher shower needs to be a thing; if you can give me $100 for graduating high school, you should be able to give me a few books or packs of pencils to supply my new classroom 4+ years later.

It is ridiculous to expect a new teacher to create a fun and welcoming environment out of the cinder block walls of a school if they have no money to do so.

Teachers are infamously paid little compared to other careers and those other careers don't have to create their own environments! A teacher's job is hard enough dealing with kids and the infinite problems that come along with them; they shouldn't worry about their classrooms too.

Most teachers provide all of the decorations, books, supplies, and resources in their own classrooms on top of what the parents are asked to bring in. We also live in a world where there is a chance that students don't have the money to go and buy extra school supplies or any at all and the teachers are always the ones that make up for that.

Teachers are the backbones of our world and we need to treat them as such. Teacher Showers should be more main stream because they are so needed. It could be as simple as asking people to bring in supplies and putting together a basket, posting a wish list on Facebook, or as big as throwing a grad party/teacher shower.

Our teachers deserve more than they are getting and we should help new teachers so they only have to worry about putting together their classroom.

Check out this article to see the effects that a teacher shower had on a new teacher as well as details on how to make your own!