To The Teacher Who Inspired Me To Be A Teacher

I owe it all to you.

151
Flickr

To The Teacher Who Inspired Me To Be A Teacher,

I never truly saw teaching as my career path until I was put into your class by pure fate. My goals and career choices in life went from being a cosmetologist to wanting to be a nurse to choosing Early Childhood Education. Being put into your class to learn about how to teach preschoolers was something I was nervous about. Being around kids and connecting with them was something I was good at but teaching them is a whole different ball game.

You entrusted us to teach all these kids and you believed in us one hundred percent. Every time I felt nervous about a lesson or was confused about something, you were there with open arms just waiting to help. You also were there to laugh at us when a lesson went wrong (we were laughing too) or when we decided that using glitter in art was a good idea! Seeing how patient you were with all the children and how you had so much grace and willingness to help us whenever.

I am particularly grateful to have had you as a teacher because you are one of the best teachers I know. You were able to balance running a preschool class on top of training high school students how to do lessons and effectively work with all twenty-four of the kids. You were a mentor to me every day back then and you still are a mentor and friend to me now. I know if I ever need guidance with lessons or even with a child who needs extra attention, I can come to you for advice and that means the world to me.

Choosing to be an educator, specifically a preschool teacher, had so much to do with being in your class. If I hadn't been in your class I would have no idea what to do with my life. It may have seemed like a happy accident when I ended up in that class, but in hindsight, it was very much apart of God's plan for my life.

I just want you to know that you influenced my life greatly and I am so blessed to have had you as a teacher to lead me in the direction of my path. I'm sure that I am not the only student who feels this way either. I know many people who have taken your class that have chosen to be teachers as well. You are an incredible teacher to the little kids and the high school students and that is a talent that many people do not possess. I'm sure it can be frustrating balancing both but you truly made it seem effortless and even if you were stressed, you found a way to laugh it off and when we were stressed, you always made us feel comfortable and calm after laughing a little and easing the mood.

Thank you for everything you have done, and currently do, for me.

Sincerely,

Your Student, Who Is Now Working Yo Become A Teacher.