I Can't Wait To Teach My Children These 10 Life Lessons

2. You're already perfect.

1277

If you're like me and are hoping to have children someday, you probably think about all that will mean. There are some things that I've been taught and learned over my life so far. I want my children to have all the tools to live amazing lives, and that includes inspirational quotes and parenting lessons.

1. Always try again.

Even when you think you've gotten something perfect, try again. If something is too hard, try again. You'll never regret trying but you probably will regret not trying at all.

2. You're already perfect.

Don't let anyone, any show or form of social media, tell you otherwise. You are so perfect. Even when you don't feel like you're perfect, you are.

3. There's nothing you can't tell me.

I've probably done worse. Just tell me so that you aren't alone.

4. Be passionate.

Don't half-ass anything you do. Be fully present in everything you do and find something you are truly passionate about. I want you to have at least one, if not multiple, passions so that you can be the best you.

5. Self care is health care.

I want you to be healthy, mind and body. I learned that not taking care of yourself really messes with your health. Take the time to care for yourself every day, no matter what else you have to do.

6. Don't wait.

Don't wait to make that phone call. Don't wait to turn that in. Don't wait to take that trip. There is never going to be enough time, especially if you always wait around.

7. Exercise.

Our genes suck, so you need to exercise. Yes, exercising sucks but this will save your life.

8. Never be afraid to say no.

You are always allowed to say no to situations and spaces that make you feel anything but safe. Saying no is okay.

9. School matters.

Take your studies seriously. Grades do matter. Learn it way before I did, so that you can go to college for cheap!

10. Never settle.

We do not settle. Chase every dream and settle for no less than exactly what you want. Mediocrity doesn't satisfy anybody.