People Need To Calm Down About Taylor Swift Being An LGBTQ+ Ally

She is trying to support her LGBTQ+ friends and fans, and people are still finding a reason to hate on her for it.

408

Recently, Taylor Swift dropped her latest single, "You Need to Calm Down", and it wasn't what anyone expected. It's clearly a song about haters out there, whether they are her haters or just haters in general. Her whole message is about how it's a waste of time to hate on someone else for no reason.

Taylor decided to take the message of the song even further and apply it to the LGBTQ community, and a message to all of the homophobes out there who are wasting their time hating on people for simply being in love and being happy with who they are. One of the most memorable lines of the songs proves this, where she sings that "shade never made anybody less gay".

People loved many things about this single dropping, specifically the timing of it. Not only was it dropped during Pride Month, but it was also dropped on Donald Trump's birthday. Coincidence? I think not.

Taylor has made it very clear how much she supports the LGBTQ community, and she brought a lot of LGBTQ people into her music video, including Ellen DeGeneres, Hayley Kiyoko, and many more. She was even repping the colors of the bisexual flag with her wig in the majority of the song.

Not only that, but Taylor has been using her platform for a more political purpose. She posted on Instagram not too long ago a letter that she wrote to a senator explaining why the Equality Act should be passed when it goes before the Senate. She encouraged her followers to write to their senators, too.

At the end of her music video, she also included a link to her petition for Senate support of the Equality Act. She knows how many people watch her videos and follow her on Instagram, and she is using that platform to reach out to as many people as she can to support this great bill that affects the LGBTQ community, something that she obviously supports.

However, people are still managing to find a reason to hate on her. Some claim that she's trying to hard to be a part of the community somehow by singing about it. Some say that she is just trying to create a "gay anthem" to stay relevant or to look for attention.

To all those people: you need to calm down. Taylor is just showing her support for her friends and fans that are a part of the LGBTQ community.

She showed that not only by asking so many iconic and famous members of the community to be in this video, but also by encouraging her fans and followers to sign the petition for the Equality Act.

Therefore, she's not just another ally that claims their support for the LGBTQ community by posting about it online during Pride month, she's actually attempting to do something about it. She's sending a strong message, and she's also trying to make a difference in the political world as well.

Of course she's going to use her very large platform and her place in the music industry to express her beliefs on real-world issues. Why wouldn't she? She's trying to actually change things, so people need to stop hating on her for it.