11 Reasons 'Cruel Summer' Should Be Taylor Swift's Next Single — And Your 2020 Summer Theme Song

CEO of easter eggs.

467
YouTube, Instagram, Odyssey

Taylor Swift is obviously the queen of easter eggs, and according to this Buzzfeed article, Swifties everywhere are speculating the release of "Cruel Summer" from her 2019 album "Lover" as her next single.

The date of May 8 is being thrown around for the release date, mainly because of all of the 5/8 clues fans are picking up on, and a lot of the times, Swifties are right. Some theories are absolutely outrageous, but this one seems promising.

1. "Cruel Summer" aligns with the state of our cruel summer that is about to happen. 

2. It's the perfect quarantine summer jam because it never gets old.

3. Taylor's selfie insinuates something is coming because... she doesn't post selfies...

Also, she posted it at 5:08 PM EST. Peep the 5/8 easter egg again.

4. We can never get enough of T-Swift.

5. We need the gift of a single during quarantine.

6. She's been giving back to her fans, so what better way to give us more than by releasing a single?

7. This time last year we were all speculating over the release of "Lover."

8. Swifties are rarely wrong.

9. We miss Taylor and her music.

10. After all of her Scooter Braun drama, she deserves to be hyped up again. 

SEE ALSO: Taylor Swift Called Out Scooter Braun And Scott Borchetta Yet Again Because She's 'The Man' They'll Never Be

11. "Cruel Summer" is such a bop that it deserves to be a single.

As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.