Taylor Swift Had To Call Out Scooter Braun And Scott Borchetta Once Again
Currently

Taylor Swift Called Out Scooter Braun And Scott Borchetta Yet Again Because She's ‘The Man’ They’ll Never Be

I write this post with intense rage toward Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun while blasting "The Man" by Taylor Swift.

1155
YouTube

Taylor Swift took to social media today to let everyone know what scum bags Borchetta and Braun are — just lately because we all already obviously knew that.

Taylor was planning to sing a mashup of her music (new and old) on stage at the American Music Awards as she is being recognized as the artist of the decade. The two men decided to ban Taylor from singing her old music that was produced under a previous label, Big Machine Records.

If you missed the drama back at the end of June 2019, you can read about it here, but this sentence from Taylor's blog post sums it up pretty well:

Some fun facts about today's news: I learned about Scooter Braun's purchase of my masters as it was announced to the world. All I could think about was the incessant, manipulative bullying I've received at his hands for years.

Scooter and Scott are now telling Taylor that if she sings her songs that they "technically" own that it would be violating their agreement by "re-recording" her music before she is allowed to next year.

Taylor has said it once, she's said it a hundred times, this music that they are withholding from her is the music that she started off singing as a young teenage girl. It's the music she grew up with, it's music she wrote herself, and it is music that they had absolutely nothing to do with beyond a contract.

If you aren't already fuming with rage, I don't know what's wrong with you.

After Taylor posted this to her social media today, there have been many artists showing her the support she deserves in saying that these men are doing this as a petty way to show the power they have over her. THIS IS BULLYING.

At this point, it's not about business for these men. It's not about contracts or loyalty, it's about power.

Taylor Swift is being honored as the artist of the decade and wanted to sing some of the music that got her to this award and they won't let her.

Not only is Taylor being told she cannot sing her old music, but she has also been ordered that she is forbidden from using her old music and performance videos in a Netflix documentary about her life that has been in the making for the past several years.

Scott Borchetta then told Taylor that she can have her music for the documentary if she doesn't re-record the music that they are keeping from her next year and she has to stop publicly mentioning Scott and Scooter's name in a negative way.

Clearly, Taylor is not down with these terms, and neither should she be.

These men have intentionally and cruelly manipulated Taylor Swift for years now and need to be stopped.

Taylor's success speaks for itself and these men are taking advantage of it for their own personal agendas and it's not OK.

As Taylor said in her post, let these men know how you feel so they can be stopped with their bullshit once and for all.

#IStandWithTaylor