having tattoos show in the workplace

Yes, I Have Visible Tattoos And Will Be Successful

What I do with my body has no indication on how successful I will be.

354

I have nine tattoos, most of which are pretty small, located in different places on my body. I have a tattoo on my ribcage, my foot, my wrists, behind my ear, my finger, my ankle, my hip, and on my back. Most of these tattoos can be easily covered; however, the wrist and finger tattoos are hard to hide... but that's okay.

I don't want to hide my tattoos. I like my tattoos; that's why I got them. I enjoy having artwork on my body and being able to accessorize without using jewelry!

Sometimes it is hard having visible tattoos. Many people judge you for them, especially those close to you. The thing people say the most that bothers me, both strangers and loved ones, is "how are you going to find a job with tattoos?"

I will get a job with my personality, with my interview skills, with my resume, with my college degree, with my experience, with the way I present myself, and with the confidence, I exude.

My tattoos give me confidence. They help me feel good about the way I look. This confidence plays into my daily life and helps me with tasks like getting jobs.

If a job won't hire me because I have tattoos, that's not the kind of place I want to work at!

I want to work for a company that celebrates diversity, differences, and individuality. I don't want to work for a place where everyone must look a certain way and act a certain way to fit in. I want a workplace where people are appreciated and celebrated for the differences that make them special.

Tattoos should not dictate whether or not someone gets hired to work at a job. My tattoos do not dictate my GPA, professionalism, sociability, and knowledge. What I wear, how I do my hair, and what I do with my body gives no indication of how successful I will be.

Tattoos are beautiful pieces of art designed by amazingly talented artists who strive to give you what you want. The majority of my tattoos have a lot of history and meaning behind them; therefore, they are very special to me and make me feel good to look at. Some of my tattoos don't mean as much but I enjoy looking at them because they make me smile!

When someone wants a tattoo and worries about location, I always tell them not to fret! There are many successful doctors, nurses, lawyers, scientists, and professors with tattoos. With the ever-changing world we live in and the rise in popularity of permanent ink, tattoos will hopefully become more common in the workplace and less stigmatized very soon!

I plan to get my doctorate's in psychology someday and I have tattoos!

My tattoos don't tell people who I am or how I act. They don't dictate how I will perform in a place of work. So watch me as I continue to get tattoos and continue to be successful in my life journey because my intelligence, positive attitude, and skills are what will get me a job... not my tattoos.