Why Tattoos Are More Socially Acceptable Now

It's now taboo to not have one.

10784

Tattoos used to be a thing for bikers, murders, and those just too rough for suburban life. But commonly nowadays, you'll find people thinking it to be taboo to NOT tattoos. As a member of the millennial generation and someone who is actually wanting a tattoo, there a few reasons that I believe are reasons why tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable.

1.They're seen as 'artistic expression.'

Tattoos have become more than just ink within your skin; they're seen as ways to express yourself and also as art done by the tattoo artist. The art of tattoos has become more scientific and more praised. It takes much more to be a tattoo artist than just being able to write 'Mom' in a heart on someone's shoulder. It takes a lot of artistic ability to be considered a good tattoo artist. Tattoos have now become walking art instead of walking monstrosities.

2. The technology of tattoos has changed.

The act of getting a tattoo has now become easier and safer. The technology that has evolved the tattoo industry is now the reason that most people decide to take the chance and get a tattoo.

3. Tattoos are being used for symbols and in remembrance of things/people.

More and more people are using tattoos to symbolize struggles that they have faced or in remembrance of family and friends. They're no longer just things to have just because, but they have stories behind them. They take the ink deeper than the skin, but into the past, present and future of the owner.

Tattoos no longer have a negative stigma and instead are now things of positivity and growth. They take on a persona of things more than just ink and skin. They are symbols and art that lets someone express themselves. Tattoos are no longer things to be frowned upon, but they are praised and envied.