Getting A Tattoo Is A Life Long Commitment

A friendly reminder, just incase you forgot.
150

Tattoos are the best. It’s weird because after I got one, I immediately wanted to get another! It was like the pain that I endured just disappeared and I had forgotten about the agony of sitting in a chair for an hour and a half getting poked by millions of needles. I’m sure there is a scientific explanation for it but you know, you can do that research on your own time.

Tattoos are an art form, a way to express one’s identity and in some cases it tells a story of that person’s life; tattoos set you apart from the crowd. I have a total of seven tattoos, I like to think that they’re all in hidden places on my body but really they’re not.

Getting a tattoo is all fun and games until you realize that the matching tattoo you got with your ex-boyfriend is stuck on you forever and you regret every drop of ink that now runs in your veins.

Tattoos are permanent and people tend to forget that. They are a lifelong commitment that has consequences that you have to live with. Sure, we the progressive technology of laser removal is every tattooers savior but why waste the money in the first place when you could have made a smart decision of not rushing into something that is somewhat serious?

I get it. In the moment it all seems like a great idea. Two out of seven of my tattoos were definitely spontaneous and I’m waiting for the day I look at them and think “regrets”. When that day comes I’m getting another tattoo that says “no regrets” I KID. But hey, some people don’t regret their decisions and that’s great. I wish all of us were the same.

I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday. I didn’t wait but thankfully I had thought about the tattoo for more than two years. I really wanted it but if I could have given my younger self any advice, I would have told her to wait. Within the span time of 3 years I acquired all seven of my tattoos, and now I feel tattooed out.

The best advice I’ve ever received from a tattoo artist was to wait. Choose what you want and wait for at least two years before you actually get the deed done. It’s almost like giving yourself a promise to see whether if you’re legitimately serious. It’s OK if you change your mind and it’s OK if you want to wait longer. The idea is to wait and if you can and still want it, DO IT.

They do last forever but they also fade. If you really want to, you have to spend more money to get your ink touched up but if your tattoo artist is a sweetheart they normally would do it for a cheaper price.

Keep in mind that there is a risk in getting inked too. There is a possibility of being allergic to the dye and like every wound on your body, if you don’t take care of it, it’ll get infected.

Do your research! There are so many amazing artists out there with their own type of art forms. Don’t feel intimidated to ask questions when you go in, they are there to help.

I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder to take a moment and think about it. I really don’t regret any of my tattoos, and people can immediately identify me in a crowd (idk if that’s good or bad) but I love it when random people on the street tell me that they like my ink.

If you’re an attention whore like me then you should probably get one just cus, again I KID.