Attention Fellow Bleeders! Period Talk

Attention Fellow Bleeders! Period Talk

You Do You(terus).

89
Attention Fellow Bleeders! Period Talk
pinterest

Fellow bleeders, listen up.
To some, this is still a taboo topic. To me, it is too important to keep a secret. By now, I'm sure you have heard about a "cup" in place of a pad or tampon. Almost a year ago, a Facebook friend shared a post on it. I messaged her with questions. I decided to purchase one since I would be in Disney for my next cycle. #Ballsy. Let me tell you why and what I have learned from the switch.

1. One.
Literally, one. You buy one for the rest of your *bloody* life. One lifelong instead of about 36 a week.

2. Save Money.
I don't know about you, but sales of any sort win my heart. In the seven months of my cup life, I have spent about $20. Before, it was about $10 a week. $10/week x 12 weeks x 12 years of periods = $1,440. Some weeks, you need more than one box/pack. $1,420 could be put towards more coffee, nuggets, bills, savings, whatever you please.

3. Environmentally Friendly.
I try and take my part in helping the environment as much as I can. One cup for life means the ONLY "garbage" is the recyclable box my cup came in.

4. They Don't Dry You Up
This is a big one. Anyone that has pulled a dry tampon out of their vagina, knows the struggle. Tampons absorb natural fluids. Cups let YOUR thing do ITS thing.

5. No Chemicals.
There are chemicals in alternate feminine hygiene products. You put them inside of your body, letting all of the toxins get all up in you. Cups are made of either medical-grade silicone or rubber.

6. Less Chance of TSS.
It's caused by bacterial-toxins. Having a tampon with any amount of absorbency higher than what you're actually producing, is risky. You can get micro tears in you, leading to the *perfect* breeding ground for bacterias. TSS CAN kill you. It is something to really think about.

7. Space Saver.
Under the sink cabinet space, on your dresser, in a bin, on a shelf. Wherever you keep your tampons/pad is a space that could be used for something else, like succulents or speakers. The box isn't THAT big, but I'm sure you've cursed it a few times. The LENA cup comes with a cute organic carrying bag! How convenient?! When I know I'm due, I keep it in my purse or jacket pocket.

8. Sensitive Skin? No Biggie.
I, unlike most, have very sensitive skin. Especially, down under. This means pads would hurt, tampons would itch. Basically, periods were hell with irritants. Cups are silicone. Very soft, vagina friendly, and Maria approved.

9. NO...STRING!
Frolic freely on the beach, to a pool, in the bath, or just naked. No gross string will pop out. Nothing there to get pee soaked. The "stem" is the cups string. It's sturdy and does not hang out.

10. Activities!
Do whichever activities you want! Well, almost. Some cups are not sex-safe. Some can be left in, some can't. Take your pick. You can run, jump, tumble, dance, yoga, go about your everyday life as if it is just a normal, non-bloody day.

11. Learn More.
As a cup user, you see your blood. ALL. OF. IT. It is a little terrifying at first, but you can see if something odd happens. You learn more about your own flow. Which, is very important to know about.

12. Blood is Gross.
As I just said, you will see all of your blood. When you do, you'll hear yourself say "that's it?" Yep. That is it. You will see how much you aren't or are bleeding. You might get a very small about of blood on your fingertips, wash your hands. Personally, I don't think cups are nearly as gross as tampons and pads combined.

13. Adjustments.
If you've ever used a tampon, you've probably put one that needed some serious adjusting. You won't waste a cup if you have to adjust it. Just take it out and put it back in.

14. Fewer Cramps.
Unlike you think, cramps normally aren't caused by your cycle alone. Tampons irritate the vaginal wall causing those *bloody* cramps (lol). Cups are soft and sweet to your insides. This takes us to...

15. Comfort.
Yes, at some point you will be uncomfortable. Let it be putting it in at an awkward angle or emptying it in a public place the first time or few. I will tell you, cups are so comfortable, I forget I have my period!

16. Prevents Odor.
You know what I'm talking about. Tampons absorb blood, exposing it to air. That creates that smell. Cups naturally seal to the walls and collect the blood instead.

17. Leaks? Rarely.
I went from at least twice a week to twice in almost a year. The first time, it was my first cycle with the cup and I didn't put it in properly. The second, I forgot I had it in. No, it didn't overflow. I had it in for God only knows how long and spent the night dancing. A small drop came out. It was OK.

18. Less Embarrassing.
No one will hear you opening the cotton bag, or taking it out, or putting it back in. You won't feel awkward having to ask a stranger for one. Hot guy in the store? No problem. I am more confident with a cup than I ever was with plugs and pads.

19. You Never Run Out.
This takes us back to numbers one. YOU ONLY NEED ONE!

20. Do I need to give you another reason?
nope. www.lenacup.com/share

I will warn you though, if it is right for you, you will try and convert all fellow bleeders. There will be a learning curve. There was when you used tampons for the first time. If you drop it before you empty it, there is going to be a mess (you spilled a cup of blood, big shocker). Sometimes, it'll open before you get it all the way out - not the best feeling, but still doesn't hurt as bad as pulling out a dry tampon!

You might fall in love and rave about it, like me. You might not get the hang of it or maybe you're just not a fan. Whatever, to each their own, right??

**PLEASE NOTE: You cannot pull a "She's the Man" with your cup. It most likely won't fit up your nose.