Here's the deal. I'm awful when it comes to talking about how I feel. I just am. I get awkward and giggly. I hate it. if I'm being honest, I've always been like this. Always. From the first boy I ever liked to now. Sure, I'll talk to my friends about the said boy, but it takes a while to do so.
I know I am not alone in this. However, now that I am in my 20s, I have realized talking about this stuff genuinely helps. My pals hype me up and let me know it's okay to be nervous. They also tell me they have my back when I do decide to come forward with my feelings.
So, I guess this article goes out to the ones I've liked whether I have told them or not.
1. It's nice to get it off my chest
Alright, so, I wimp out when it comes to talking about feelings with people. I don't know it just scares me to have those personal things out there in the world.
2. It doesn't distract me quite as much, LOL
I'm sure you've been there before. You have had feels for someone, and it distracts you throughout the day.
3. If I get embarrassed around them, they'll know why
OK, I tend to embarrass myself a lot. Anything from sweaty palms and armpits to saying something stupid. It's horrible.
4. If I choose to write about them, no one has to know who it's about
One time, I wrote about a boy and he messaged me about 6 hours after it went live. I played it cool, though. My palms are still sweaty from that.
5. Talking about it actually helps me
I don't know. I'm not big on talking about how I feel romantic wise. I guess I'm scared or something. I have come to find talking about all of that stuff has made it slightly easier.
6. When I see them, I'm still super nervy but I'm not as scared to talk to them
I guess I overthink things too much, but I will always feel like I said something stupid or did something that is simply embarrassing. What a surprise!
7. I can talk about the embarrassing things I've done around a crush
One time, I ended up being around my crush. Of course, it was super late. I was sleep deprived. I've blocked most of it out of memory because I was so nervous. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as I think it was, but I'm also sure I did something stupid.
8. Laughing about all the weird things that have happened
In high school, I saw my crush out of the corner of my eye, so I sprinted in the opposite direction and tripped. How cute!
9. It's completely normal to be nervous and scared
The thing with me, though, is I overthink it all the time. Which only leads to me being EVEN MORE nervous and scared.
10. My hype people are literally the best
They hype me up to tell said person. Even though I rarely do it, they're still great for believing in me so much.
11. Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll actually tell my crush how I feel when I actually like them
I have a record of telling guys I like them AFTER I'm over them. It's happened numerous times. One of these days, I'm going to tell them how I feel when there's actually a reason to tell them.
12. If I'm being stupid, my friends can be straight-up with me, and tell me
Sometimes, I'm honestly stupid when it comes to who I like.
So, now you know what happens when I decide to talk about my feels with people. It's either great or horrible. One of these days, I won't be a sweaty mess when it comes to this stuff.